THREE | PARTY?

( THREE | PARTY? )

"OI, GRENDAHL. VENUS!"

Venus turned around to the voice calling her. James Potter stood 5 feet away from her, hunched over panting as though he'd ran to her.

"I've been calling you since Transfiguration." James stated between breathes, slowly making his way closer to the pale blonde.

It had been roughly three weeks since classes started and Venus had found herself in situations where either she and Sirius or she and James had to interact. The blonde was starting to miss her best friend, Remus, as she was only ever partnered with Sirius or James.

She blamed it on James and Sirius always speaking out, the teacher thought it ought to be punishment to pair the trouble makers with exceptional students. Unfortunately, the only punishment was to Venus as both Sirius and James seemed to find enjoyment in her company — Sirius always tried to impress and flirt with her, while James probed her mind and asked random, ridiculous questions when one came to his mind. James enjoyed how she always had an answer to his inquiry, and Sirius relished in her sarcastic and smart remarks to his flirting attempts.

Though, to the few classes she got to chose her partner, Remus was always her first choice. Peter would go with Sirius and James would all but force Lily to partner with him.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't hear you." She blushed, embarrassed, "Whatever is the matter, Potter?" Furrowing her brows in confusion, Venus crossed her arms.

"It's about your brother, Eirik-"

The ravenclaw girl cut off the gryffindor before he could finish, "What is it? Is he okay?" She questioned quickly, worry pulsing her veins. She was definitely a protective older sister, despite her brother being only two years younger.

"The poor lad is sick. Remus and I were going to take him to Madame Pomfrey, but he refused to go." James explained to Venus, who's face grew more and more worrisome as he spoke. "Stubborn bastard that one."

Venus nodded with understanding, "Could you take me to him, please?" She wanted to make sure it wasn't anything too serious, as her little brother had a tendency of becoming ill easily. It was odd, to say the least, for a wizard to be overcome with illness so effortlessly. Wizards were immune to most common muggle sicknesses, but Eirik seemed to be the exception.

The two quickly walked to the Gryffindor common room after James had muttered the password. Venus had done a great job of ignoring James' constant jokes and small rants on a certain Lily Evans when he saw something that reminded him of her. The pale blonde girl was relieved when they had entered the common room, she didn't know how much longer she could handle James' constant rambling.

Once inside, Venus looked around the room in awe. Venus now understood why Eirik spent so much time there, the round room was cozy in every sense of the word. With a variety of squashy armchairs, a crackling fireplace, and tables. There were a few students sitting in front of the fireplace on a heavily cushioned sofa and they were chatting happily amongst themselves.