Chapter 3

Sunset came quite quickly. Around six pm, Y/N went out of her apartment, walking towards the edge of the city. The sun had set quickly though and she had to rush to a nearby alleyway. The process was not too painful, but it was definitely an uncomfortable transition.

•••

Fur started to grow all over Y/N's body, her clothes somehow disappeared into her form. Her bones repositioned themselves and grew and shrank into form and her face elongated. Her spine grew out to form a tail, and she tried her hardest to keep her form as small as possible. This wasn't something that could be helped on this kind of night. The moon was hidden behind the clouds, which weakened the force to change fully. Her fingers and toes grew crooked and formed paws. All of her senses were heightened. She stood there in the dark alleyway, fully transformed into a H/C and white/black wolf. Her bullet wound however, stayed on her side.

She took a cautious step foreword, testing her balance and control. She signed in her form, slightly closing her eyes. Now she had to wait out the night. She could go to sleep, but it was late at night. People would be drunk, and god knows where the Cobras are. She wandered into the city a little, looking for something to keep her up all night. She couldn't risk being seen though. She wandered about, and found a puddle to roll in to mask her appearance. With her next change, her form would be clean again.

Sirens blared somewhere in the distance, but they were coming closer to her location. She waited a while until the sirens parked about a block away. Everything was silent for a bit, until gunshots rang out. The shots stopped and there were footsteps coming towards her. She turned her head to look at the noises. It was an alien with a gun. They shouted at her to get out of the way, calling her a stupid dog. She had already started to move into an alleyway again.

She waited out the police before coming out, however, hands grasped her fur. She helped in surprise and tried to spin around, but another hand clasped over her muzzle, preventing movement. She could smell alcohol everywhere. There were probably three or four people there. They flung her to the ground and started to kick her. She curled into a ball and tried to stay collected. One of them grabbed something and raised it over his head. She squeezed her eyes shut, waiting for the impact; but nothing hit her.

She looked up a little to see the attackers facing someone who held the item that was about to crash down on her. The figure threw it away and finally spoke.

"I know I save people, but this is something I do as well. Step away from the animal." A feminine voice spoke, stern with a hint of anger. It sounded familiar. "You should all be ashamed of yourselves. Beat it."

"Oh yea, what if we don't!" One of her attackers slurred slightly.

"I will have to use force. You don't want that." The woman said.

One of the attackers ran at her and threw a punch, but the woman caught their fist. She shoved them against the wall with ease, scaring the drunk.

"Hey, let him go!" Another feminine voice slurred, one of the attackers again. They came to hit the mystery woman with a board of wood, but it shattered against impact. They all realized it was supergirl and they ran. "Shit dude!"

Supergirl approached Y/N's wolf form, "Hey, it's okay. I'm not going to hurt you. You don't have any internal injuries, but you've got some bruises and a wound on your side." She spoke trying to soothe Y/N, although she had no idea it was a shifter.

It was just instinct and she was mostly talking to herself. She tried to pick Y/N's wolf form up, but she whimpered at supergirls touch. Y/N struggled to get up and tried to escape. Supergirl wasn't having any of it though and caught her gently.