prologue

Cara

What am I doing? I can't stop myself.

This. This was what I swore I'd never do in a million years.

Maybe it was the way his lips ravaged mine possessively. Or how he had me pressed up against the wall, between his muscular limbs.

But there was no escape.

Between the moans and the warmth from his body, everything else melted.

All that mattered was his lips on mine. 

His touch was electrifying, addictive, almost. Every gentle caress had me begging for more. It burned my skin but I craved to be ignited.

He was a drug, and I was hopelessly addicted.

I threw all reasoning out the window as I wrapped my arms tighter around him, pulling him impossibly close as I deepened the kiss. 

I want this.

I want him.

------

"Do you, Darius Alexander Clemonte, take Cara Jefferson, as your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health, until death do you part?"

"I do."

I used to think it was fictitious to say a heart would ache, but for the first time ever, I felt that tug when Darius said those words.

What started off as a sham has turned into something real.

This was his promise to me.

"And do you, Cara Jefferson, take Darius Alexander Clemonte, as your lawfully wedded husband?"

Do I?

"No."

"I do not."

-----

Thank you for reading! If you enjoyed the chapter, don't forget to vote! 🙈😅♥️