Author's Note

(Stick around to the end for a big announcement!)

As I sit here right now at my desk, writing this note, it is so hard to believe that this story has made it this far. 

Do you know that feeling when something crazy happens, and you're literally in such shock that you're having a hard time believing it's real? 

Well, that's me right now. 

I've been working on this story for such a long time - over two years, to be exact. I uploaded the first chapter in 2016, though I've gone back and edited it quite a few times. I've had the idea for even longer.

I'm so happy that I not only decided to turn my idea into a reality, but push through all the way to the finish. There were many times that I wanted to be done and give up, because I was busy or going through my own personal problems or even in some cases, just had terrible writer's block. But I never did, and that is something that I can say I'm proud of.

When I first started this book, I really didn't have any idea where the plot was going to go. I just knew that there was going to be a girl with a bracelet who went to Hogwarts and had affiliations with Draco Malfoy. Isn't that crazy? I literally developed everything else along the way. For other aspiring authors - this is not a technique that I recommend! You most definitely want an outline with thorough details and character profiles before you begin to write your story! You want to know your characters like family. 

Overall, though, I am so thankful for this experience because it has helped me grow so much as a writer. I had a much different skill set when I began this story, and I am forever grateful for the progress I have made over the course of it. I also would love to thank all of you SO MUCH for sticking with me to the final chapter. When I began this story, I didn't think I'd get more than 1,000 reads. The fact that I have so far reached almost 13,000 reads on this book is humbling. Your support is something that I cherish very much. If any of you ever need to talk, my message box is open. 

And onto my final announcement (which I am very excited for)...

I am writing a Blaise Zabini fanfiction! 

It will be similar to this one in a few ways - writing style, his love interest will be a girl, etc. However, the plot will be very different, though just as exciting and crazy! I really would love it if you guys would give the first few chapters a try, and if you like them, keep reading! My writing has improved a lot and I have much higher expectations for this upcoming fic. It will be released very soon!

Once again, a big, huge thank you to all of you! I hope to see you reading my newest HP fanfiction, As We Fall !