Chapter 28

Adam's POV

After my confrontation with my friends, Nick and I stayed on the field to practice while Bryce and Josh went home.

I'm sitting taking a sip of water and wondering where Ariel and Libby were since school finished 30 minutes ago.

As I close my bottle to begin my search for them since I have 2 more minutes of break left, I feel a presence next to me.

The strong smell of that familiar perfume hits my nose and I ease away a little since it was a little too strong.

However, it is no use since Elle scoots even closer to me.

"What do you want Elle?" I ask with annoyance clear in my voice.

"I miss you, baby..." She whines while trailing her manicured nails up my muscled bicep.

I quickly jump away and look around to make sure Ariel or Libby are nowhere in sight. The things Libby would do to me if she saw us, I thought.

"Don't touch me," I say and begin walking away but she runs after me in her 4-inch heels.

"Have you lost my number because I can give it back to you..." She begins rummaging through her Prada purse. "...That should be the only reason why you haven't called me right?" She raises a questioning eyebrow at me as both of us stop underneath the stands. 

I turn to face her, "Look, Elle. I never liked you. Never have, never will and I'm sorry if I gave you the wrong impression but I thought I explained that to you." I say slowly at first to ensure that it gets through the tonne of makeup that seems to have covered her brain.

Her face is angry at first but then she suddenly smiles sickeningly sweetly which churns something in my stomach.

"Is there someone else? Because I don't really like competition." She wickedly smiles as she gets closer and rests her hand on my chest.

"Jeez woman, are you sick?" I say grabbing her hand. I should've really watched who I fucked with.

I refrained from telling her about Ariel and I together since she seemed to not have adjusted to it yet. 

She ignored my last comment and begins talking about the things she could make me feel if I came home with her after practice.

My attention span, however, didn't last long when I saw an angry Libby making her way over here and Ariel trying to hold her back.

I shove Elle out of the way quickly not meaning to make her nearly fall. I just hope Ariel doesn't get the wrong impression about this. I mean, she trusts me, right?

Libby starts scolding me but I partially ignore her as I study Ariel's expression to see if I find any evidence of emotion on her face.

Then Elle chooses to make a stupid remark which results in Libby trying to attack her. I angrily send her away and I turn my attention back to Ariel.

After some convincing on Ariel's side, she finally gets Libby to leave hesitantly.

Ariel turns back her attention to me, "So..." she laughs awkwardly.

"You know I don't have feelings for Elle, right?" Is the first question I ask her just to make sure that there isn't any second guessing. "Or anyone other than you for that matter." I say quickly after.

"I know..." She trails off uncertainly without making eye contact.

I slowly move towards her, cupping her face in my hands, "You don't sound too sure." I look intently into her eyes.