9

(Y/N POV)

We're acting like grown ups.

Spider-man dropped me off at the grocery store, but I stopped him before he could swing away.

"Can I ask another question?"

He adjusted his goggles, before stopping to stare at me.

"Ye-yeah sure!" he exclaimed, "go ahead!"

"Your a pretty cool superhero, and I was wondering if you were on the avengers team?"

I already knew he wasn't, but I had to make sure my dad had picked the right person for the job. Spider-man was hesitant for a second, not sure what to tell me.

"Well.... Not really...." he spoke.

"Well, would you want to be on the team? Like, is it one of your dreams?"

"Dream? Oh-yeah! I mean, I've always wanted to fight alongside Iron Man and Thor, and saving people is something I want to do for the rest of my life! I just feel so much better when I go to sleep each day, knowing that one more person in Queens is safe and okay..."

I smiled, and looked at the ground. He really was a special kid. The most important thing to him was saving people, instead of being on the Avengers just for the fame. I couldn't guarantee that my dad would give him that responsibility, I just had to be sure of what I was getting him into.

"One more thing, Spidey!" I said, smirking. "Would you tell my friend Peter that if he doesn't get his butt to the grocery store to teach me how to shop, I'll force him to pay for the bill."

"G-got it miss!"

I watched as he scrambled away, probably thinking he was going to die if he didn't show up as Peter in a second. I laughed, knowing he'd be here quickly, and that he had no idea that I already knew why peter wasn't here.

..........

"So you just take it off the rack and put it in your cart." Peter said, pointing to the Nutella jars in front of me.

He was teaching me what to do in a grocery store, yet I hated every second of it. As a person who didn't have to do much manual labor, dragging a cart around a store was a pain.

"But wait, you have to look at the price first!" Peter yelled, when I shoved 7 jars into my cart. "Stuff here can be pretty expensive, and buying 7 of them at one time might make you go broke!"

"I won't go broke, I promise."

"But you'll lose a lot of money, and you should save that for your college funds!"

"Who said I was going to college?"

"I DID MISSY NOW YOUR GOING TO LOOK AT THAT PRICE AND GET A SCHOLARSHIP TO HARVARD UNIVERSITY OR I'LL COME AFTER YOU!"

"Geez, you sound like my dad."

I rolled my eyes, and put 4 jars back on the shelf. I wanted 3 nutellas, and he wasn't going to tell me what to buy.

"You do realize 89% of the items in your cart are made of chocolate, right" he pointed out.

"I know, that's why I'm buying it."

"But you need to eat healthier!"

"I can eat what I want."

"Fine."

.........

I lugged by grocery bags back to my house, as soon as I dropped peter off at his. He offered to help me, but I told him my house was a mess, and I didn't want him seeing it.