Chapter 41, The past

A/N: Since so many of y'all are confused, I have a flash back

A/N: Since so many of y'all are confused, I have a flash back. Warning, it'll be a short chapter. But I'll post chapter 42 before I sleep. Y'all probably want to know what happens next.

 Y'all probably want to know what happens next

Before everything.

Twelve-year-old me, or at least I was turning twelve really soon, couldn't find a picture of a damn earthworm that actually looked cool, so I had to get my hands dirty. Literally. I went outside and started digging for earthworms that would suffice for the masterpiece I was planning.

The earth was still moist from the previous night's rain and the little worms we're wiggling their way back into the dirt as soon as I scooped them out. One particular earthworm didn't get back in the dirt and instead decided to do the wiggle dance right in front of me. I picked the earthworm up and watched him wiggle in my palm.

"I'll call you Mister Wiggles," I smiled.

For some explainable reason, I heard a voice at the back of my head. Felt a warm breeze and the sudden urge to just look up. There, at our main gates was an older boy with light auburn hair. The rest of him I couldn't see. Something inside me felt happy and I just smiled. I couldn't stop smiling. The boy returned the smile and I got back to digging.

Through my fringe, I watched the boy leave and felt a little sad.

Curious about why a boy was at our house, I got up, tried and failed at removing mud from my knees and shoes, and headed back inside. My maid, Lady P is not going to be happy about this. But she could never really be angry at me. Her eyes always held warmth.

I tiptoed inside, hoping to get as little dirt as possible on the floor. Before I could head over to the art-room to find Mom, I heard hushed voices coming from my Dad's study. I was never allowed to go near his study, but curiosity got the better of me. Still tiptoeing, I crept closer to the door and peeked through the keyhole.

I felt my whole body sag when I realized it's Uncle Taminn Dad is talking to. Uncle Taminn with his slicked back brown hair and scary dark blue eyes. His neatly trimmed beard didn't make him look any friendlier either. My uncle Taminn is nothing like Uncle Anton. Uncle Anton is funny and sweet and his daughter is my best friend! Uncle Taminn on the other hand is horrible and I've only met his daughter once. Good thing though, because she's just like her father. The first and last time I saw her, she had her nose in the air and bragged to her friends about how rich she was.