Broomsticks and Starry Nights

Warning:
Cuteness up ahead

~~~~

They were only living together because of his predicament. Anyone gets close to whom they live with, it's natural. 

It was also natural to feel down after that person dismissed you.
Besides, Harry was on edge, of course he was angry, it was natural for him to outburst like that.

So why did it sting when he said it?

"Malfoy and I are not involved in each other and never will be!"

It shouldn't have stung. Draco should have been agreeing with that.

If Harry had gotten so upset about it, it was for a reason. After all, Draco had learned that he was a terrible person from a terrible family. So of course anyone would say the same about being paired up with him. It was just common sense.

So as he and Harry stood in silence, looking at cup sets, exchanging awkward quips. Though Draco could tell by the way Harry clenched and unclenched his left fist every now and then that he was nervous. He pretended everything was fine and nothing happened.

Rita was just an unfortunate event, and whatever she was cooking up in that notebook of hers couldn't possibly be that bad.

Harry finally bit his lip and let a breath escape his lips as Draco studied a crystallized lined set of tea cups."I'm sorry. For exploding like that,"he let out.

"It's quite alright. It's not like you said anything untrue." Draco avoided his gaze still.

"No, Draco truthfully, she just gets under my skin so easily. Her having a go at you, and then asking me questions as if you weren't even there,"he huffed angrily,"Just she wait until Hermione finds out."

Having a go at him? Is that what actually upset him? Not the questions about their 'involvement'?

If there was another thing Draco learned about Harry, was that the man was terrible with his emotions. He was also confusing as hell. Not in the way of trying to understand him, no of course not, that part was easy to Draco. It was actually understanding what he meant. Sometimes Draco was sure Harry didn't even know what he was saying himself half the time.

Draco realized Harry was still talking.

"...and with your state, I don't even want to think about what she would do if she found out about your current amnesia. If that got on the Daily Prophet-,"he stopped himself, suddenly becoming very self aware of what he was saying.

"If the Daily Prophet what?" Draco asked, suddenly very interested.

Harry was turning a shade of red, and was doing a terrible job at hiding it. Draco would have admitted it was cute, if only the git wasn't hiding things at the moment.

"If the Daily Prophet....found out...."Harry said slowly, the gears turning in his brain, which Draco was surprised it wasn't costing him much work,"they would use it to their advantage. Yeah, you know, they wouldn't leave you alone. Reckon they'd try and scam you off your galleons."

Draco narrowed his eyes at Harry, who was grinning nervously. He knew he was lying. Every time Harry lied, he would bite his lip slightly. He didn't point it out though, and he didn't ask about it either. Instead he huffed and rolled his eyes.