Chapter 4

Hadley smiled, watching the protagonist in whatever this movie was called fly away on the weird broom.

Oh right, Happily Never After, one of Sally's cartoons. What a fun way to spend the last minutes of your 16 year old life, moving on to 17.

"Hey Hadley." She heard EJ call, appearing. "What's up?"

"Watching a cartoon where the girl saves the day." Hadley answered.

"Cool. Happy birthday."

Hadley looked at the clock. 12 a.m. well that was fast. She smiled broadly.

"Go to bed, girls. Happy birthday, Hadley."

The two girls groaned. But, then again, they usually went to bed around 11, so an extra hour was fun.

Timeskip

"The right one looks good." Jane's bored voice said, not so interested in fashion. Trendy was there to supervise.

"You think so because it's black." Hadley said, smiling. "Buut, black does look good, right?"

"Ugh, do you and Slender have the same clothing preferences?" Trendy said, if he could roll eyes, he would be doing so.

"Probably." Hadley said, running a hand on the jewels on the waist. "Still though, looks good."

"Gothy." Trender said.

Hadley went to the bathroom, changing quickly and then looking in the mirror. She looked, good enough, right?

(The pic is her, dunno if it's from an anime, but it's how I envision her)

She went out, a small smile forming. "Well?"

"It's, sooo good, I have to admit." Jane said.

"Better than expected." Trender said, nodding. "Now, let's talk about that ugly yellow dress you keep trying to avoid talking to me about- HEY!"

She ran out before he could demand to burn that dress. It was a gift!

Even if she didn't know who sent it.

Timeskip

The party, despite her own false reassurance, was a disaster.

The ribbons were burning, who knows how. The balloons were popped because Jeff decided to be a butt. Ben doesn't know how to make that annoying birthday song stop because of some glitch. Slender left the birthday cake in the oven too long and caught on fire.

Hadley was trying to reassure them all because Sally was still seeing the bright side.

"Puhlease, that hoodie is a disaster. WaSh It FoR oNcE!" Trendy ordered, shaking Jeff, who was saying never, violently.

"Yum." Hadley looked to see Sally eating the burnt, supposed to be red velvet, cake.

She was about to ask, but saw she was just licking the frosting. Thank goodness.

"H happy Birthday." Toby said, holding a cupcake.

She smiled. "Thanks, one good thing happened." She said, quietly though, in case Sally might've heard.

"Y'know, this isn't really a welcome party." She heard a New York accent, from what she heard in many movies, from the front door. "Plus, ain't my birthday, forgot what day that was."

She looked, to see a tall being, obviously a Slender being, with a sharp smirk, wearing a trench coat and a fedora.

Father?