Chapter Thirty-Seven

A/N: Okay, so I'm back at college now and I'm doing my best to update as regularly as I can. I love your comments, they are actually the most amazing thing ever.

Also this is a pretty long chapter so enjoy (:

~ ~ ~

“Get him up on the table!” Deaton said as Jackson and Isaac dragged Derek in through the clinic doors. “What happened?”

“We were fighting with Katherine’s pack and someone came out shooting,” Erica said. “Two of them maybe. Derek jumped in front of me and copped it in the shoulder.”

Derek let out a wailing growl, his mouth foaming a little and his red eyes flickering.

“That’s not good is it?” Jackson asked as they held him down on the table.

Isaac pushed down on his arm to pin him and it pulled on the punctured flesh, making Derek yell painfully.

Deaton put his glasses on and tried to aim his light into the wound – which wasn’t healing. He shook his head and gave Jackson a sombre gaze. “No, it’s not.”

It was then that they heard the others pull up out the front, piling in with Scott looking over at Derek writhing in pain and feeling like he was having déjà vu. It reminded him of when he was first turned, and Derek got shot with a wolfsbane laced bullet. He and Stiles had almost had to resort to cutting off his arm before Scott had showed up with the bullet for the antidote.

“What’s happening to him?” Isaac asked, struggling to hold him still.

“The poison is spreading into his bloodstream,” Scott said.

Isaac looked up at Deaton who nodded and then back to Scott, “You’ve seen this before?”

“Yeah, but it wasn’t this bad back then.”

“My dad’s on his way,” Allison said. “He’s bringing his bullets.”

Scott had told her in the car that having that shell might be the key to saving Derek’s life, without it they might not be able to form a cure.

“Good, we’ll need them, but I can’t be sure that he’ll have something with the same strain of wolfsbane,” Deaton said. “The bullet was probably made of something dissolvable, I can’t see any trace of it in here. It was most likely full of aconite powder.”

“Well what does it mean if Allison’s dad doesn’t have the same kind?” Boyd asked and Deaton just looked up at him.

“We’ll deal with that when we have to,” he said and none of them liked the way that sounded.

Derek had stopped thrashing, his skin was pale and covered in a thin layer of sweat. He looked almost hypothermic. Karissa let out a grunt, holding her arm where she herself had been shot.

“I should take a look at that,” Deaton offered. “I can't do anything more for Derek yet, we need to wait for Chris.”

Karissa shook her head. “I’ll be fine, I don’t heal as fast but I’ll still heal.”

“At least let me clean it, wolfsbane might not be lethal to you but it’s still toxic.”

She nodded reluctantly and held her arm out for him to check.

Scott walked over to Isaac, sliding his hand around his back and leaning his head against his shoulder. The whole thing was absolutely draining him.

“Did you call Stiles?” Isaac asked, staring down at Derek’s delirious form.

“He’s not picking up!” Scott said, frustration laden in his voice. “I don’t know why he won't answer.”