Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Iris Parker

Jacob wiggled himself out of my arms as he saw his siblings running around the spacious doorstep of Venialgo mansion.

I observed the huge vintage wooden doors of the mansion with the same intricate designs that were there ever since I left 5 years ago. Each step I took inside was difficult to take. I'm not ready to be back here.

I'm not ready to be back in a place filled with so many happy memories.

One of the reasons why I left was to protect the memories I so much treasured, I didn't want them to be tainted. I absolutely denied the fact that they were lies.

"Good to be back, huh?" Ezra said lowly beside me and I chuckled, shaking my head.

"Not so much." I answered.

The doors swung open and I could see about six maids that were lined up. The triplets stopped as they stared and immediately ran to me, hugging my legs. I smiled at them.

We started walking inside the house and I could only smile sadly at the maids. I recognized them, of course. I spent most of my times with them.

My eyes scanned the whole place. The gigantic crystal chandelier still hang majestically between the entrance and the grand staircase. The entrance was a huge space, and on the corners were small seats. Over to the right side, this led to the spacious living room, the kitchens and the grand dining room. I remember that right outside the dining room was a huge patio, overlooking the beautiful gardens.

On the left side led to the party room, the small gym, the theatre room, a room dedicated to some antiques and a door that led to the pools and the very big backyard. I used to get lost in the backyard until one of the maids found me or I had to personally call Liam over.

On the second floor had the master bedrooms and a few rooms. On the other side of the floor was the library and a few study rooms.

Finally, on the third floor was more rooms and an attic.

As I was pulled off my reveries, I saw an old lady that walked towards me, a very wide smile on her face. I instantly smiled as I walked towards her also. I hugged her tightly and her scent made me remember the times we spent together.

"It's been a long time, nanay Grace." I whispered to her.

"Hays, why did you leave us just like that? I'll make sure you get a handful from me." she said as she pulled away. She noticed the three that were hiding behind me and I watched as her eyes widened, her gaze switching from me to the triplets. "Are they--?" she tried to ask through the shock.

I couldn't help but nod and smiled. I gently pulled the three from behind me. I noticed Liam was also beside me as he also guided Jacob to the front of nanay Grace. He smiled at Jacob and nodded at him.

"Nanay Grace, these are Jace, Jacob and Jamie. They're triplets." I introduced them to her. "Say hi." I ordered the three and although they were hesitant they went towards her. Her big smiled widened as she knelt to them.

"I'm Jace." Jace introduced himself, extending his hand out and after nanay Grace shook it, he immediately came to me, hugging my leg tightly.

"I'm Jacob." Jacob seconded and kissed her cheek.

"And I'm Jamie." Jamie said and hugged her.

Nanay Grace squealed happily, clasping her hands. "My, my. I will be having my hands full, now won't I?" she said

I chuckled. Liam bent down to carry Jamie up. When nanay Grace stood up, she smiled. "Let me show you to your rooms now, alright honeys?" she asked, clearly happy. I looked at Liam questioningly, but he only shrugged.

We followed nanay Grace as he went up the staircase and up the second floor. We turned to the right, the way to the master's. I was starting to hope with all my heart that she wasn't putting us in the same room. And by us, I meant Liam and I.

She stopped in front of the mater bedroom's door and turned to us. "Here we are." she said sweetly. "Now, you five will have to sleep here tonight. If only Liam told me about these three adorable kids, I would have prepared a room for them." she continued, glaring at Liam. In turn, he chuckled softly.

"I'm sorry, nanay. Everything happened so suddenly, I didn't have the time to do so." he explained and plastered a smile.

However, nanay Grace only sighed and shook her head. "Alright, alright. I will leave you to settle down now. Come down in a few minutes, I prepared dinner." she said and before leaving, she hugged the kids and left.

For a while, Liam and I just stood in front of the door. I didn't want to open it, I didn't want to see our old room. I'm not ready. I don't know if Liam felt the same way, but it was only after some time before he opened it.

The room was huge, the ceilings were high and the windows themselves were the floor to ceiling kind. The bed was huge, bigger than a California king sized bed and nanay Grace was right, it fit the five of us just right. Other than the beddings and the curtains, the room was still the same.

All the nightstands and the couches, the vanity and everything was still where I left them.

I smiled sadly.

The three ran to the bed and started jumping on it while Liam and I just stood there, unsure of what to do.

"Everything's still the same." I finally broke the silence between us. He sighed and started unbuttoning his polo shirt.

"Of course, it is." he said, walking away from me. "I'm just going to take a shower. You can take the kids down, if you want." he said.

I shrugged my head. "No, no. We'll all go down together."

The corner of his lip curled upward amusedly.

"As a family?" he asked quite sarcastically, surprising me. I rolled my eyes as I felt the heat rising to my cheeks.

"Whatever, Liam."

"Sure, sure." he said and was about to complete walk away, but he turned around and neared me so close, I felt his bare skin on my arm. He leaned into my ear and whispered. "Let me just remind you because it seems like you're forgetting. You're still my wife, Iris Parker." he said and walked away.