Fifty Two

Namjoon's POV

I was smiling. Seeing Ara standing there, finally free of her past. I was proud.

My smile was taken away from me though, the moment the shot rang out. I watched the happiness in Ara's eyes turn to pain, and then shock. She looked at me with a look of confusion, and then her legs gave out and she fell to her knees.

I ran for her, crouching down and pulling her into my arms for a moment before laying her down as Yoongi pulled her legs straight.

"Hey, hey Ara, look at me," I try and smile at her. She was looking everywhere, looking at one face for a moment, then looking at another. I watched her look over at Jungkook just as the others ran for her as well.

He looked broken, and I'm sure she looked the same.

"Ara, look at me," I say again, pulling her face away from Jungkook's to look at me. Tears fill her eyes the minute our eyes meet again. What a contrast from the happiness in them seconds ago.

"Hi Joonie," she whispers, the ghost of a smile on her face.

"Don't talk," I shake my head. "Just stay still and stay awake please," I urge her. She nods her head slightly as tears slip past her eyes.

"We need to get her out of here," Hoseok says gravely.

"Is it safe to move her?" Taehyung asks frantically.

"Someone put pressure on her wound," Jin says. Yoongi immediately places his hands on her abdomen and applies pressure, which makes Ara wince.

"Joonie I'm sorry," She suddenly cries. "I should've made sur-"

"Don't you dare finish that," I cut her off. "You did everything you should have. No one could've seen that coming," I assure her. "We're going to get you out of here, and you're going to be okay," My voice cracks at the end and I realize tears are filling my own eyes now.

She had to be okay.

I didn't know what I'd do if I lost her.

-

Taehyung's POV

"So how are we going about this?" Jin asks. "Who's carrying her, how do we get the two in there out of here," Jin nods towards the two injured men in the other room, watching helplessly. "And how much time do we have?"

Answers were being thrown around but they were distant in my head. I was too busy looking at Ara, she looked tired, like at any second she could pass out, and that wasn't good.

I scooted closer to her and took one of her hands in my own, squeezing it and making her turn towards me.

"I'm sorry," I tell her, feeling guilty all over again.

"What?" She asks softly, confused by my apology.

"I'm sorry I didnt warn you sooner, if I had just said something faster-"

"Tae stop it," she coughs. "You're crazy if you...think this is your fault," she trails off a little in the middle, her eyes closing slightly and then reopening.

"I'm going to get Jungkook and Jimin up and moving and then we need to lift her up," Hoseok jumps up and rushes out of the room.

"Ara-" I start but stop myself. Her eyes kept closing and then barely even opening. I knew she was losing too much blood. We'd run out of time, we needed to move her now.

I could not watch her die.

"Guys she's losing consciousness," I say, making everyone look at her. "Guys," I repeat as Namjoon shakes her head, freaking out even more. "Guys!" I yell, fully in panic mode when I see her eyes close and not open again.