Chapter 8: Playing Hooky

"Aizawa!" Kirishima smiled from ear to ear upon entering the nurse's office in the school. He never expected his teacher to be here after hours, especially after Principal Nezu called up the teachers of UA over the speaker systems saying something about a last minute teachers conference to take place right after school ends.

The sleepy male turned his his slightly to the right to catch gaze with Kirishima's red. "What are you doing here?" Was all Aizawa had to really say.

Kirishima's brows became furrowed. "What am I doing here?" Kirishima restates the question. "I asked you earlier on if I could visit (Y/n) and Bakugou afterschool to see how they're doing... What are you doing?" What Aizawa was doing was rather self explanatory. The male were sat before your bed, holding a half melted bag of ice to the side of your head while you slept soundly in your patient's bed. On your right was Bakugou's bed, to his right was Midoriya's.

"Recovery Girl is in the meeting... I offered to take over," Aizawa bluntly states.

"Shouldn't you be in the meeting as well?"

"I should be..." Aizawa groaned.

"What happened to (Y/n) that you can't leave?" Kirishima asked yet another question looking everyone over. "I thought Bakugou saved her from harm, so shouldn't he be hurt? He looks like he's in the best shape out of everyone else here," yes you heard Kirishima right. Bakugou looked as if nothing had happened to him at all meanwhile Midoriya were muttering something under his breath as he was known best even in his sleep. Midoriya's hero costume were completely obliterated on one side, his left arm in a white sling hung around his neck. And there there was you with a mysterious head injury that Aizawa was treating as they spoke.

"I'm assuming you didn't watch the match very closely," Aizawa half insulted his student. "Yes Bakugou took the blow when the ceiling collapsed during the training exercise, but when he threw (Y/n) to protect her from injury, (Y/n)'s head got bashed in the process. Recovery Girl's quirk can only heal so much."

"Oh..." Kirishima just barely saw that scene play out earlier. However, with the explosion from Bakugou and the ceiling collapse, the cameras were bugging out and blaring white. It was extremely difficult to see what exactly happened near the end of the exercise besides destruction. "Okay, thank you for pointing that out. I never saw it on the tapes."

"It was hard to distinguish so you're not the only one," Aizawa admits.

"Oh really," Kirishima perked up. Instead, another question penetrates his mind. "Forget that, I have another question but I'm not very sure If you can even answer it."

"Just go ahead."

"Okay," Kirishima hummed. "Did All Might say something bad to (Y/n) and Bakugou?" Aizawa tilted his head in confusion. "Like... I find it weird that out of nowhere (Y/n) and Bakugou became friends. Not that that's a bad thing but they became friends out of nowhere after that fight they had last week. Did All Might perhaps say something that crushed their dreams?"

Aizawa thought briefly on that fact for a moment. It was something even he had taken notice of. Then again Aizawa was there when you both bonded for the first time in detention when you told Bakugou all about your life at home being practically raised alone and all. "It was All Might's lack of words that caused such a response from the two of them," Aizawa finally came out with an answer. Kirishima still wasn't very in tact with the information given. "It's... Complicated," Aizawa groaned realizing his confusion. "Let's just say that (Y/n) lacks a fatherly figure or role model in her life and All Might previously played one of those roles but fell through recently. I could go more in depth but I'd rather you get permission from (Y/n) and All Might before I do," Kirishima nodded justly hearing somewhat of an answer.