18.

On Saturday afternoon before work Louis decides to go to the store and grab a couple things. They're only allowed to have a mini fridge in their dorms so there's not much that fits inside and usually him and Niall just eat out but it's nice to have things just in case.

He makes sure to buy things that'll last so they don't waste it. He buys extra ramen noodles and some chips and even though he knows they're unhealthy, he really doesn't care.

Once he has everything he needs, he goes to check out. He was too lazy to drive across town so he decided to just go to the Tesco he used to work at. It might be a little awkward if he sees someone he worked with before but hey, he'd much rather be where he's at now than where they are.

"Louis, you're back?" The cashier says. Him and Louis usually worked the same shift so they know each other. They're not friends but Louis knows that his name is Ryan.

"Yeah, was running low on uni kid food so I had to pick some up," Louis replies as he puts his groceries on the conveyer belt thing that brings the food closer to the register to be scanned.

"Well, I'm sure you don't miss it here, yeah? Sometimes I want to just quite."

"Nope, I'll never miss it here. Getting fired was a good thing for my life. Led to better...opportunities."

"I don't doubt it," Ryan says, "£20.33."

Louis hands him the money and then grabs his bags. "See ya later mate. Good luck. Tell Phill I said hi."

Louis leaves the store and goes back to his dorm. It's nice to get out, the room is so small and cramped and it always makes him super fidgety if he doesn't get out when he needs to. He likes dancing for that reason too, it's very social.

When he gets back to his dorm he puts everything away and then decides to study. He debates going to the library but he'd rather just stay in his dorm, that way he can eat. The library doesn't allow food or drinks inside.

He sits at his desk with a water bottle and a bag of crisps and opens his books up. He reads the assigned chapters and then highlights the most important parts that will most likely be on the test.

After a while he starts to get really tired. He drank coffee this morning and so he assumes this is the crash part of it. Louis closes his books and puts everything away. It's only 6 pm, he could probably fit in a quick nap before work. It wouldn't be too great if he was this tired and had to dance all night.

Louis shuts the lights off and climbs into his bed. He closes his eyes and starts to fall asleep. Only a few hours, then he'll get up and go to work.

❤︎ ❤︎ ❤︎

"Louis!"

Louis stirs in his sleep before opening his eyes. He slowly sits up and looks around. He sees that he's still in his dorm, the lights are on, and his roommate is standing at the side of his bed.

"Niall?" Louis reaches for his phone, "what time is it?"

"One."

"A.M.?"

"Yeah."

Louis' eyes widen. He was supposed to be up by eleven! Why didn't his alarm go off? He checks and mentally slaps himself. He set it for 11 am not pm. He throws the covers off of himself and goes into the bathroom.

After he packs everything for work and gets dressed, Louis grabs his keys and his water.

"Why are you still up?" He asks Niall, who is usually asleep by now