Chapter Seventeen | First World

[ 17 ]

ShuNing stirred after a surprisingly undisturbed sleep. He had initially thought he would have nightmares due to what transpired the following day, but fortunately for him the brute hadn't entered his dreams.

Wriggling around on the fairly-comfortable bed, he felt unusually hot. Opening his eyes he turned his head and the air left his lungs. No wonder he felt warm, because on the comforter was a tangle of limbs. And only inches away was the sleeping face of ZhangFeng.

ShuNing clasped his lips together, trying to remain as silent as possible so the other man didn't wake up to see them in this position. It could definitely lead to a misunderstanding.

Behind him, spooning him, was the man who had seemingly gone pale at the thought of sharing a bed with him the previous evening. The same mans arm was thrown around ShuNing's waist, keeping him in place. Their legs were also tangled together, various robes hitched up above the knees.

For such an era where the showcasing of skin could be seen as highly suggestive, ShuNing felt all the heat flood his skin. As he turned his head to peek up at his bed partner, who was thankfully still sleeping, he noted how their long strands of different coloured hair was also entwined just as the rest of their bodies were.

ShuNing knew that he sometimes tossed and turned in his sleep, but only as much as the average person did when either hot or cold. This was..this was diabolical! On any other occasion he wouldn't be complaining, but he was aware of the other man's awkwardness, and ShuNing didn't want to start their fresh day off badly.

With a lot of effort, a lot of wriggles and many pauses to look back at the sleeping man, ShuNing was eventually free!

He winced when a few strands of his hair had wedged themselves under the body of ZhangFeng, but he eased them out with no problem. As soon as he was able to move, he did so, scurrying quietly to the far end of the room so he could wash his face.

As ShuNing was silently praising himself, the previously wide-awake handsome man, who laid on the bed, opened one eye and watched in amusement. ZhangFeng himself had panicked for a moment and ultimately closed his eyes when the youth began to stir. He could have reassured Shu Ning, or rolled away to make it easy for the boy, but where was the fun in that?

He decided to remain still for a few minutes longer, before beginning to stir.

ShuNing noticed immediately, ever-thankful that he had moved when he did. He patted his damp face with one of the provided towels [ A/N: I could have said 'rag', but that sounds icky. ] before turning round to face his travelling companion.

"Good morning, elder brother, perhaps we should have breakfast in the carriage?" He didn't want to stay in this tavern any longer than he had to. Although he felt fine, ShuNing's nerves were still rattled by what happened the day before. If there is a chance that that brute has woken up, then he would like to avoid him at all costs.

"Mm." ZhangFeng didn't appear too bothered by the suggestion as he swung his legs around so his feet were planted on the wooden-panelled ground. The man was clearly still lost in a sleepy haze, ShuNing deduced, as he hadn't realised the state he was in.

"I should look away, definitely, yep looking away right now." ShuNing tried to persuade himself, to no avail as he physically couldn't tear his eyes away from the glorious specimen in front of him.

ZhangFeng's long deep blue hair fell down around his shoulders, and although dishevelled it still looked silky smooth and without a kink. It pooled down his back, onto the comforter behind. The man's attention was on the ground, as if appearing to try to wake himself up.