2 - world-war-twitter

.

- ASHTON'S POV - 

.

Yeah, Girls Like Boys were actually really pretty. The thing is, that they were known as our rivals ever since the start though. It sounds harsh when you put it in a way that we completely despise them, but.. There really is no other way to put it. Even if the whole tension between us was kept to a minumum, there is always something that occasionally comes up on tv or the tabloids that say we are definitely alike in some ways. And honestly? I don't see it.. Just because their guitarist dyes her hair just like Michael doesn't mean anything at all! Everyone dyes their hair, and I'm pretty positive, other bands have guitarists who dye their hair too.

But just as said.. We've hated them ever since the beginning, really.

.

FLASHBACK - THREE YEARS AGO

"Band name, please?"

"Five Seconds of Summer." Luke smiled, as we all did actually.

"Great! Good luck tonight, boys."

We nodded gratefully. "Thanks." I spoke up.

"Hey, thanks for doing this Ashton. We would've gotten nowhere without a drummer so yeah." Calum nudged me.

"Yeah, this is actually pretty cool for a gig."

"Band name please?" The same question was asked from the person next to us, as this group of four girls were stood there as well. 

"Girls Like Boys." The blonde girl smiled, as I cleared my throat.

The red head glanced at me, raising her eyebrows. "What's up?"

"I think you girls are at the wrong place." I chuckled.

"Excuse me? Just because we're girls, doesn't mean we can't compete."

"No, I mean.. Are you punk, because--"

"Yes, yes we are." The red head frowned, her eyebrows furrowing.

"Look here, whatever instrument dude you play." The girl with a darker hair shade stood in front of her friends. "We're here to look for some friendly competition, and you telling us that we--"

"Drop it, Tess. He obviously isn't worth it. Where's your band? I mean it is the battle of the bands." The girl with light pink hair narrowed her eyes.

"What do we have here?" Luke looked confused, glancing at me and then at the four girls.

"A band that can obviously kick ass." Blondie glared at Luke.

"Tell.. Drummer boy, to back off before he tries to pick a fight with other bands." Red head rose her voice, looking at the drumsticks down in my hand.

"Woah! Chill. But wait. Don't tell me you're the drummer of this so called band." I chuckled, looking down at the drumsticks now clenched in her hands from anger.

"Wow. Really, are you being serious right now." She spoke in a monotonous voice, before she attempts to grab me and slap me silly before her friends hold her back.

 "Stop stop stop! If you want to be disqualified then be my guests, but this is a music competiton. Take the violence somewhere else, guys." The lady shook her head at us, as Michael groaned.

"I was going to say, I liked your hair." Michael told the pink haired girl, frowning. "But you attack Ashton so I take it back."

The girl rolled her eyes.