12: Scarifies

Tiara let out a deep sigh as she glanced down at the sleeping figure of Jungkook. It was already late night and she had just returned back after feeding half of her blood to the cat that had just transformed into a demon so that it would be more tamable. Having the blood of a powerful being like her into its system would prevent it from turning into a mindless creature but it wouldn't stop it from growing more sinister.

For now, she had left the cat in the care of other demonic creatures and also requested them to teach it how to hunt so that it could adapt to its new life.

Unlike those who were born as a creature of darkness, the ones who were transformed had to live the rest of their life in thirst for blood. It was like an unbreakable curse that could even turn one insane however these symptoms could be mitigated by having the blood of the maker. Plus Tiara had mortal blood in her as well therefore the mortals she would turn would be less likely to turn feral but that didn't mean she would take that chance.

Tiara adjusted the pillow on Jungkook's head and stood up to leave but a tight grip on her wrist stopped her from doing so.

"Noona, sleep with me," Jungkook requested in a husky sleepy voice.

"Tsk, this bunny" Tiara hissed with a small chuckle and then crawled into his bed snuggling closer to his masculine, warm body.

Jungkook wrapped his arms around her thin waist and brought her closer to him making sure no space would remain between them. He then nuzzled his nose in her neck, a habit he had developed since small. He inhaled the addictive smell of his Noona that could dull his entire senses. Her fragrance was like a drug to him, making him high.

"Noona" His hot breath tickled her neck. She loved the sensation of being close to him since it used to make her feel like her kookie would always remain beside her.

There were no words or sentences that could describe what the boy in her arms meant for her but for Jungkook it was even more than what she felt. He could live in her name and die in her name, he was already destroyed crumbled and broken in her love

She was his entire universe, his heart, his life, his soul, and the reason for his existence.

She was his madness and his salvation, his curse and his medicine and the darkness that consumed him well as his light.

"Noona, I hope you will understand my reasons," Jungkook thought as his wrap around her tightened as they drifted to the land of dreams.

Tiara stretched her hands in search of warmth, however, there was nothing but an empty space beside her.

"Kookie" She called his name peeping her eyes open but there was no response.

Her eyes fluttered open as she perceived that Jungkook was not sleeping beside her

"Kookie" Tiara rubbed her eyes getting off the bed and searching for Jungkook but he was nowhere around the cottage.

There was still some time left for sunrise hence it was slightly dark and foggy outside. Jungkook was never a morning person and it was very unusual for him to disappear early in the morning before sunrise.

Different doubts and fears started to creep into her mind my making her restless. The cat appeared out of nowhere feeling its master in distress.

Just then Manda appeared with a limp Jungkook in his arms but the thing that made her more terrified was he had his eyes closed and the color of his face was bluish-purple.

"What happened?" In a flash, she was before Manda examing the boy. Jungkook's pulse was faint and his heart rate was rapidly decreasing making her petrified. Her body was already starting to tremble and her eyes were scrunched in anxiousness.