Chapter 14: Profile etiquette; Dos and Don'ts

This is a little something to make everyone's general experience more pleasurable on any community profile. There are some things that are frowned upon just as there are things that need more appreciation.

Everything here applies to the Dead room profile as well.

Don't vs Do

Advertising:

Advertising:

DON'T - Please don't post the link to your story on another's message board or in the comments of their stories (unless stated that you may).

DO - You can inquire about how to share or promote your story, it's natural to want some love on your amazing stories. Hard work deserves recognition.

DON'T - Don't go around hassling people to read your story with no intention of returning the favor.

DO - You can politely ask someone to review your story and leave feedback, and it won't harm your plea to offer the same in return.

Votes:

DON'T - Do not get involved with vote trading, offer votes as a reward or bribe people with votes.

DO - You should only vote if you enjoy/support the story you read. Votes represent your admiration, so show your love of fine writing by pressing that star.

Sharing your story:

DON'T - Please don't spam the account with links to your stories, not on the message board or via PM.

DO - Submit your story via the linked reading list submission form for consideration. If it's approved, the profile will add it to one of their reading lists.

Interacting:

DON'T - Do not spam or harass profiles. Profiles are not run by A.I. (computers) there are real people behind the screens, kinda like you blinking at the screen right now.

DO - You are absolutely allowed to interact with the people running the profiles. Be tactful and mindful, you never know who you are talking to and it's not nice to hurt feelings.

Tact:

DON'T - Don't act out of anger. Everyone is a slave to their emotions from time to time. It's important to always think before you just type and hit send.

DO - You are entitled to your opinion and to ride your rage wave. Wait a moment before you react, wait till you can respond rationally. Take a step back and think of a better way to sort the issue, one that won't hurt any feelings involved.

Asking for help:

DON'T - Don't forget, it's easy to search for the information you might require. If your question is still not answered, only then you ask.

DO - You are always welcome to ask a question, how else will you learn? We will help you with a smile!