Part 15

Arabella's POV
"This day couldn't have gone any slower." Mackenzie groans.

"I know right, but I'm going for coffee with your brother after school. So I guess that's something to look forward to." I say to Tom and the girls.

"Of course you are." Tom says rolling his eyes.

"I'm sorry." I say hugging his side as we walk out the school.

"It's okay,  I am the better Styles, just like I've got the better style you get it styles..." Tom rambles on, causing me to lean away from him and look at him weirdly.

I turn to see Mackenzie and Adley staring at Tom with wide eyes which close when I look at them and I knew that they were trying to distract me from something.

Immediately I look around to see what they were trying to hide from me and I immediately notice it.

What ever made me think that he even slightly liked me, or that this coffee date wasn't just a joke. This is the reason that I've never had a boyfriend. Well that and the fact that I'm just me.

"I thought they were over." Adley says looking at us.

"I thought so too." Tom says shrugging and looking at me while they look at me for some sort of reaction.

"What, were not together and he's definitely not my boyfriend, so he can kiss who he wants to kiss." I say looking back towards Harry and Chloe making out against the side of the school.

"Yeah, um, there's Shawn, so I'm going to go run." I say shrugging.

"What about your coffee date?" Mackenzie asks me.

"I'm pretty sure it's not happening, at least not with me, he can always take Chloe." I shrug, saying goodbye before running off to Shawn as he climbs into his car.

I open the passenger door and slip inside.

"Change of plans?" He asks looking at me.

"Yip." I shrug, buckling my seatbelt.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asks again.

"Well do you want to know?" I ask him, trying not to make a big deal out of what just happened, because clearly it shouldn't be.

"I want to know if you're alright." He says looking at me with worry embedded into his eyes.

"Yeah, I'm okay. You know how Harry and I were supposed to go for coffee?"

"Yeah"

"He was just kissing Chloe and I just didn't exactly want to deal with either of them." I shrug, sinking back into the seat.

"I'm sorry Kiddo, how about I take you for a milkshake or something?"

"That sounds great." I say smiling back at him. Shawn then puts his hand on the back of my seat and turns his body so he can reverse out of the parking lot. 

The drive was short and Shawn obviously knew the best place to get my favorite double thick strawberry milkshake.

After we walked inside I ordered my milkshake and Shawn ordered a hot chocolate, the complete opposite of me, making me laugh.

I opened up Instagram, never passing up the opportunity to post something on my story.

@Arabellamae:

"You know, after taking you for your favorite milkshake, you'd think I'd get a cute post

"You know, after taking you for your favorite milkshake, you'd think I'd get a cute post. Instead I get called a dork."

"You know I love you."

After 20 minutes, we left the diner and Shawn dropped me home so I could get ready for dancing.

Once we got home, I went upstairs, changed, and put my hair up into a high ballet bun. I picked up my bag and went downstairs to the kitchen to grab a water.

"Okay Shawn I'm ready, can we leave now? I can't be late." He nods, walking to the front door grabbing his keys and walking to his car.

He pulled up outside my studio, the whole ride we were just talking about mindless things and laughing our heads off at the most random things.

"Thanks for the lift, I finish at 7:30"

Once Shawn tells me that he'll be here to fetch me, I thank him before walking into the studio.

I greet Mrs K and sit on the side to warm up.

"Arabella, I wanted to finish your ballet solo today. I want to enter three solos for you, because you can't do the group dance." I stand up and walk to the center of the studio getting ready to dance.

"Okay, from the top of what we have."

Shawns POV

"Nope, what kind of brother would I be if I let you do that?"

"Please, I just need to talk to her." He begs, wiping his hand over his face in frustration.

"She doesn't want that, I just got her mind off you Harry." I say to him, trying to pry the idea of his head.

"Please Mendes, I'm begging." He runs a hand through his hair, once again through frustration.

"Okay fine, I cannot believe I'm actually letting you do this, she's going to kill me Styles, but you better be carful, do not hurt her. She's never had a boyfriend before and I can see she's starting to take a liking to you." I say to him.

"Thanks man." He says hugging me, causing me to chuckle.

Arabella's POV

"That was beautiful Bella, I can't wait to enter you in with that solo!"

"Have you listened to Came here for love by Ella Eyre yet? I want to choreograph a contemporary solo for you to that song, it's very beautiful."

"Yes, I've been listening to it nonstop, I can't wait!" I reply happily. After five minutes, I get up off the floor and grab my stuff to leave.

"Thanks Mrs K, I'll see you tomorrow." I say smiling at her before taking out my phone, checking messages.

I walk straight into the parking lot, looking down at my phone until I lift my gaze to look for Shawn's car.

"What are you doing here?" I say awkwardly gripping onto my ballet bag and looking anywhere to avoid eye contact.