18

Ten Years Ago

This subject was Physical Education. A subject you hate so much. Not only is it a waste of time and a waste of money, it puts pain in the human body.

You're in the middle of the school's gym, on the ground stretching your hamstrings. The teacher's circling and making sure everyone's preparing themselves.

Kira decides to sit in front of you. She has her hair braided into to sections. "Hi Y/n!"

"Hi." With your legs in front of you, you lean your body and stretch your arms towards your toes.

"So I'm having this birthday party next week and I was hoping you could come. My mom said I should invite all of my friends and since we're friends, I thought I'd invite you."

She attempts to copy what you're doing but winces upon execution.

"Okay everyone! Now that we're done our stretching, let's begin today's lesson. Go grab your racquets."

"So are you coming?" She follows you to where you placed your racquets. "I really hope you can make it. I even told my mom you'd come."

"Everyone here! Quickly!"

"When did you say your birthday was again?"

You can feel the teacher's strong stare because you're taking so long to get in the circle.

"Next week. Ok Friday." She happily replies. "It's not a school night. There'll be chocolates, mom hired a clown to come too and it's gonna be fun! So will you come?"

You can't hear the teacher's instructions because she's literally talking too much.

"Y/n?"

"Yeah yeah."

"Yay!"

End of Flashback

The sun rose the next morning and your parents thanked Jungkook for keeping an eye on you.

The way he acted last night brings a chill down your spine every time you think about it.

There definitely is a misunderstanding.

But whenever you think back, you don't recall doing anything that could make him hate you. You got busy in middle school and saw less of him yes, but he started ignoring you even before then.

You groan as you brush your teeth. You're a hundred percent sure you didn't do anything.

So the problem is with him.

"Mom, I'm going to meet up with my friends. I'll be back before dinner." You stop by your parents room to see them all fast asleep. So instead of waking them up, you'll just leave a note on the fridge.

When that's done, you exit the house and head towards Dream Cafe.

Aimen and Hazel wave as they see you enter the cafe.

"About time you got here. For a second there I thought you weren't coming." Aimen moves a chair back so you could sit beside her.

"What did you guys order?"

"The usual." Hazel replies while looking around. "I swear to god that cute barista looks exactly like my bias. I mean look at him."

She smacks you on the arm and urges you to look at the direction of the counter. "See? See?"

"I don't see it." You tell her honestly. "But if you think he's cute, I dare you to get his number."

"No way in hell. Someone like him probably already has a girlfriend. And besides. I already have seven husbands."

"Now look what you did, Y/n. You triggered her deluluness." Aimen comments.

"Isn't that Jimin?" All three of you look to see said person taking over the counter. "Didn't take Jimin as the type to work. You should go order, Y/n."

"Right."

"Good afternoon, miss can I take your order?" He gives you a soft smile.

"I'll have the iced matcha latte." You reply. "Please."

"An Iced matcha latte. Level of sweetness?"

"Fifty percent."

"Fifty percent." He repeats. "Anything else Miss? Our red velvet's the best seller here."

"Okay. I'll get that one too."

"I'll repeat your order, Miss. one iced matcha latte, fifty percent sweetness and a slice of red velvet. Please take a seat and I'll have your order out soon."

You blink your eyes. "How much?"

"It's on the house. Don't worry." He winks, catching you off guard. That being said, he turns around to work on the order after gesturing you towards the tables.

There's a reason why you're meeting up with Aimen and Hazel. You're here to work on that group project due in a couple of days.

Aimen takes her laptop out and so does Hazel. You do the same. After going through title ideas and modifying a bunch, you all finally agree on a specific one. Everyone does their research and taps it down on the shared document.

Hours later, the work is done. Aimen leans back and stretches her arms. She checks her phone and flinches.

"Guys, I'll go ahead first. Mom needs me to run errands for her." Aimen stands, almost too quickly. "Hazel, get the hell up."

"Why?"

"You're my ride. Y/n be careful. Text us when you get home." They give you a hug and run out the cafe. You were about to leave anyway. You start packing up when you suddenly feel a tap behind you.

"Well, if it is isn't, Y/n."

Bright pink hair, fair skin and a million dollar smile. Your eyes widens when you realize who it is.

"Uncle Joohyun."

It's your godfather.

You quickly rise from your sit to give him a hug. You melt in his arms and he chuckles at your excitement.

"Look how big you've grown. You were just a baby when I last saw you." He pulls back to examine you. "You really take after your mother don't ya? So pretty."

You laugh. "When did you get here? I thought you were staying in Japan for good?"

Uncle Joohyun's actually Mr Jeon's younger brother. He's a full time veterinarian but does modeling during his free time.

The reason why you thought he'd never return here was because of his fiancé—Kioto Nishimura—who he met in Japan.

"And miss my godchild's eighteenth birthday? No way. Speaking of which. We need to get you a dress, darling. No god child of mine will settle for something simple fyi."

Oh right. You've been so busy with school you forgot about your birthday.

"Janet made me in charge of your birthday by the way. So expect only the best of the best." You know he probably begged mom to make him in charge. You won't say anything though.

"Let's go. We have a long day ahead of us. Kookie's waiting outside."

"Go? You mean right now? "

Uncle Joohyun settles his arm around your shoulders and leads you outside. "Of course right now sweetheart. Once we find the perfect dress for you, the rest will fall into place."