Chapter 16

October 16th 10:38
(You)
I just woke up to the sun shining brightly in my face. I squint not wanting to wake up. My cuts sting but they don't hurt as much. I feel like I could actually stand up by myself. But I only get up when I feel the overwhelming urge to use the bathroom. When I finish I walk myself out of the room. When I turn the corner to exit, I'm surprised to see that the door is wide open. When I step out, Jack, mask covering his face, is sleeping on the floor with a pillow under his head and a blanket that only covered up to his ankles. I chuckle and walk around him. When I go downstairs, Toby is still knocked out on the couch. When I look at the time, I realize they've actually slept in pretty late. I grab some
(f/cereal) off the top of the fridge and pour it in a bowl.
       When I open the fridge I see some of the most disgusting and delicious things anyone could eat. At the top, I assumed, was everything that belonged to Jack. Kidneys, hearts, stomachs, and more. The next is what I assume to be Hoodie and Masky's. Cheesecake mostly but there are other things behind it. I opened the freezer and was greeted to boxes of frozen waffles.  I knew Toby had to take an easy way out sometimes, I think to myself, returning to the fridge. I grab the milk and close the it, disgusted, but somehow curious, at the thought of what the organs might taste like.
   Just as I put the milk back and close the fridge I hear movement in the living room.
      The figure rises with its hair and clothes disheveled. Lazy hazel eyes meet mine and at the sight of me, immediately widen as if they've been awake for hours.
    Toby perks up and attempts to jump over the couch but his feet get caught in the blankets and he trips. As if fueled by sacks of sugar, he practically pops up in front of me. His goggles are on top of his head and his mask is clinging to stay on. "(Y-Y/n)! How d—" I cut him off by putting my hand over his mouth.
    "Shhhh Toby! Jeez," I quietly yell. He gives a muffled 'right' in return.
    "D-Do you want me to cut some berries up for you? It'll b-be quick," he says as I remove my hand.
     "Sure why not?"
    Not waiting for my answer, he's already gotten to work, taking out and washing the berries. I stand next to him as he cuts them and puts them on a separate plate.
    "Do you do any other cooking? You seem like you'd be good at it," I say, weirdly admiring how he cuts the berries.
   "I guess. But I l-like making waffles over everyt-thing else," he replies, "wanna try?"
   "It's berries. How hard can it be?"
    Turns out it's more complicated than just cutting it. Apparently the knife I grabbed from the drawer was too dull and dangerous. Toby just handed me the one he was using instead of having me spend time sharpening another one. He said it only needs one smooth motion and for me not to do too much work. If the knife is sharp, I shouldn't be doing much.
  "Know what," I say, "they're just berries. You cut 'em." I put the knife down and turn around. Toby is, quite literally, up in my face. I yelp and at the same time, knock the knife straight down. It lands on its point, straight in Toby's foot. His eyes go wide and he starts to scream.
   "Oh my god!" I yell, not knowing what to do. Soon enough I start to scream. He continues to scream as he limps to the couch. In a few seconds, Jack, Masky, and Hoodie are on the second floor balcony. "What the fuck?" Masky yells.
   "I'll go get the kit," Jack says calmly, walking away.
    "You can stop now Toby." Masky says. I'm confused when Toby begins to laugh and double over.
   "Y-you should've seen t-the look on your f-face!" He cries.
   "What the fuck?" Is all that manages to come out of my mouth. To answer my question, Masky replies, "He can't feel!"
   "What do you mean 'can't feel'?" I question.
"I have a r-rare disease that makes me comp-pletely numb." Toby replies calmly. Hoodie takes the first aid kit from Jack and comes downstairs and proceeds to bandage Toby's foot. "Never talk to me again Toby." I say.
"Wait! (Y-Y/n)!" He whines.
"No!"
He dramatically cries and puts the back of his hand to his forehead. Jack takes his place at my side and leads me into the garage.
"You wanna tell me what happened?" He asks.
"I dropped a knife. Toby's foot was in the way."
"Good enough. Are you okay?"
"I'm fine."
"Okay." Just as he is about to open the door he turns around and asks me a question. "How much do you trust me (Y/n)?"
   I pause. How much do I trust him. Not a lot if I'm being completely honest. Yeah, he saved my life but, how much can I trust him in other scenarios. Or am I just closing him off.
  "I don't know," is all I say. He nods his head and gives a hmm.
   Weird question I think to myself.

    9:01 pm
          The rest of the day passes normally for the most part. Toby was walking around like nothing had happened. Strangely, he didn't put his goggles on the entire day. His hazel eyes were displayed for all of us to see. When the sky got dark, all five of us sat on the couch. Masky lied down and Hoodie rested on top of him. That's adorable! I think. Toby sits down and I lay my head in his lap. Jack is standing up and turns on the tv. He laughs as the news report plays. Apparently another whole neighborhood had been massacred. I also hear Hoodie give a small chuckle at the panic in the reporters voice. "Alright enough of that. What movie guys?" Jack asks. Everyone looks around waiting for someone to answer.
    "How about (f/m)," I suggest after a long silence.
    "Sure why not." Replied Jack.
     As I get comfortable on Toby's lap, Jack moves in front of me. He then grabs both of my legs and puts them on his lap as he sits down, holding them to ensure I don't bring them down to the floor.
     We're about halfway through the movie when Toby pats my head, "(Y/n)," he whispers, testing to see if I was asleep.
     "Yea," I say looking up at him.
     "Can I get up?"
     "Sure," I reply, lifting my head. He gets up and heads towards the bathroom. The moment Toby closes the door, Jack gets to his feet and adjusts his sweats. "Well," He says while stretching, "ya snooze, ya lose." Jack then tells me to sit up and I obey, keeping my legs laid out on the couch. He then sits in the spot that Toby once occupied, only, he put his legs up on the couch and on either side of me. He places a pillow behind him and holds his arms out as if awaiting a hug. When I don't move, he wraps his arms around me and holds me to his chest. I tense up, not knowing what else to do. "Relax," he whispers. When Toby comes out he gives a chuckle and takes the spot that Jack previously occupied. As the movie continues, I ease into Jack. Soon enough, all I hear is his heartbeat as I shut my eyes. Who knew he even had one. I smile to myself at the thought. I let his heartbeat lead me into sleep and I feel the same warmth and comfort as I did a few nights ago and the night I disappeared.

/////////
Hey guys. So here's what's up. For those of u who don't know, my birthday is the 27th. Yay. So I am a little slow on these. I also have been drowning in schoolwork so that's a thing too. I, evidently, fell behind but that's alright. Thx for ur understanding. As always I'll see ya in the next chapter.