3.1 (part 1)

Sorry it took me so long to update I was on vacation! So this chapter is extra long and technically a part 1 (of 2)..enjoy  (:

Maddie's POV

I laid down, sprawled on my bed listening as four aussie accents filled my room. I sat smiling at my radio like an idiot, as if they could somehow see me through the sound waves.

"Thanks for hanging with us this morning boys. Give it up for 5 Seconds of Summer! Their first EP is out today on iTunes!" The radio host ended the interview, songs beginning to cycle again. I turned off my radio, my room now matching the silence that filled the rest of my empty house.

Rolling over to grab my phone, I sat on my bed watching the clock tick and waiting for the signal text that Luke was finally away from the boys. Of course the other three were bombarding my phone with messages about their first interview, but there was only one text that I was waiting for right now.

A few minutes later I got it. Interview went well :-) be over in 20 minutes?

I smiled, replying quickly. Hopping off of my bed, I slipped on my blue, floral, high-waisted skirt with a grey t-shirt tucked into it. My hair hung down to my waist, its natural wavy self, and my lips were coated lightly with a soft pink color.

Running down the steps, I double check to make sure every part of the house was perfectly clean. Walking into the kitchen, I double check the pots I had on the stove. One was nearly bubbling over, yelping I turn it down to a simmer. I barely could make a peanut butter jelly sandwich, yet here I was cooking Luke a birthday lunch.

The table was set with fancy plates I had found in the cupboard, small candles, and my attempt at making animals out of the napkins. They sort of looked like hippos if you squinted hard enough.

Soon enough there was a knock at the front door. I used my socks to slide over, nearly tripping on the not-so-welcoming welcome mat. Opening the door, Luke opened his mouth to say hello, but I didn't give him the chance. My lips found his the second I saw him. I wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him into the house. His lips fell into rhythm with mine, following me into the house. I pull away, shutting the front door. Luke's face had a sly grin, his face slightly heated.

"Happy birthday!" I shout, jumping on his back. Luke laughs, swinging me around to meet him for a hug, resting his chin on my head.

"Thanks shorty," he smiles into my hair.

"Shut up and come here, I made you something," I pull him towards the kitchen eagerly.

"Woah, fancy," Luke walks around the table, brushing his fingers over the lace table cloth before meeting me at the kitchen counter. "I didn't know you could actually cook."

"I can't," I giggle, looking down at the bowl of finished spaghetti with caution. "But I tried, for you," I kiss him on the cheek, making Luke flush red again.

"You look really pretty by the way," he looks to the floor shyly, running the tip of his shoe against the tile floor.

"Thanks," I tuck a piece of hair behind my ear. As I begin to mix the salad, Luke wraps his arms around my waist, resting his head on my shoulder. "Good job on the radio this morning," I give him a kiss before pulling away to carry the food to the table. I get halfway before he comes up from behind me and lifts the bowls out of my hands, setting them down for me.

"I hate talking in front of people, it was mostly Ashton talking," Luke shrugs, pulling out my seat for me.

"You were cute and awkward," I wink, ignoring him telling me to shut up as I put spaghetti, a roll, and salad on both of our plates. I twirl the pasta around my fork, taking a bite, but instantly regretting it. "Ew my god," I choke, barely swallowing.