35: threat

"Do not move."

He holds up the knife, inching dreadfully close to my chin. I obeyed without question.

Suddenly— he presses a towel over my mouth, and I immediately felt an outbreak of dizziness spreading throughout my body in response to whatever chemical that he forced me to breathe in. It weakens the strength in my knees, and I soon found myself surrounded in pitch black darkness.

The man's eyes followed my silhouette as I collapse on the ground. He then fishes out his phone from the deep pockets of his coat, dialling a number.

"Yes," he nods, answering the elegant-like voice behind the speaker.

"I've acquired Min Soojung."

_______________________________________

My vision refocuses on a dark figure, whose shadow cascades over me. His eyes were of a piercing grey, and his hair was neatly parted to the side— wait, I've seen this man before!

"You.....convenience store..." I couldn't talk properly due to a throbbing headache that spread throughout my entire body.

It then occurred to me than this was a kidnapping. Fuck. Flashes of images from documentaries I've watched came up in my mind, rendering me unable to talk. Those kidnappings weren't just gruesome, they were horrifying, one even including their fingers being chopped off to be shipped to their family for ransom.

As I observed him, the weirder he seems to me. Not only was he well dressed, he was groomed neatly as well— which sent chills down my spine. He could be one of those people who enjoy fetishes, like the one I met not long ago who asked grubby teenage girls for their used socks. I was almost certain he had fantasies like these.

So as he walked closer to me, I begun to have wild thoughts.

"If you rape me, I'll spit on your face." I told him.

He blinks once. Then twice...and then he laughs.

"I think you've misunderstood something. You're not even tied up...just stay here and be quiet till I let you go." He instructs me, returning back to his usual composed demeanour. I watched closely as he dials someone on his phone.

"Jungkook..." I muttered to myself.

"where are you...?"

<JUNGKOOK'S POV>

"What do you mean you have her? Where is she ?!" My heart was met with impending doom and unending dread. It felt like someone was squeezing my throat altogether, and then smashing my heart to the ground.

"If you want her to be released, then go to London— as simple as that, Jungkook. Don't bother calling law enforcement, you know I've bribed all of them..." the persuasive voice from the other side of the line resonates into my ears, causing a spark of panic within me.

"You're not hurting her, are you?" The dread turns into anger.

"It all depends on you. If you go to London, nothing will happen to her."

"that means I'll never see Soojung again." my heart begun to decay— just the thought of it, I couldn't bear.

"It's all for your own good—and hers, as well. Just board the plane we booked tonight, and all goes well."

".....alright." I closed my eyes. "release her..."

"I'll go to London."