Chapter 82

Nico's POV:

I didn't even try to suppress my huge breath of relief as I layed myself back against the bed.

"God it feels so good to finally have that off my chest," I admitted, stretching my hands above my head before laying on them

It was weird that I could actually feel a physical difference within myself like I was finally able to truly relax.

I guess all the vampiric instincts that were screaming at me to take her had finally calmed down.

Although they were very upset that I wasn't holding onto her right now.

But it's probably for the best for both of us that I take some time to calm down after that whole thing lest I do something I regret.

Plus, that still didn't change the main fact.

She was mine. She was actually mine.

That conversation actually went smoothly and now she was mine.

That thought felt so abstract but there was no way in hell I was going to deny it.

And the result of that was this huge grin that refused to leave my face.

Khloe let out a soft giggle as she turned to face me, bringing her legs back onto the bed, the same smile plastered on her face.

"Oh yeah?" She asked, a bit of confidence laced in her voice, "How long has it been?"

I let out a laugh at her nearly smug question.

After all of this, I guess she deserves to be a bit smug.

"I only noticed it the night you first tried on your ball dress, but who knows how long I had been subconsciously thinking about you like that before then," I confessed.

Her brows rose in surprise, "Really?! That long."

I nodded, "Yep. That long."

I shifted myself up a bit, being held up by my elbows.

"What about you," I asked, mimicking her confidence tenfold, "How long have you been absolutely infatuated with me?" I even added a wink at the end and a smirk for the finishing touch.

My victory was given by the blush that tinted her cheek, as well as by the fake glare she gave me by scrunching up her nose and pursing out her lips.

We both laughed at our unspoken game before she answered.

"I actually don't know," She admitted, "Having any kind of feeling for you seemed like a lost cause from the beginning, so I think my mind just suppressed them until you... kissed me," She grew quiet out of embarrassment

"Wow, " I began, looking up at the ceiling, "We were such lost causes."

A guy who fought every day to hide his feelings and a girl that didn't even know she had them.

"Yea," she admitted with a laugh," But we figured it out."

I turned my head to face her.

"Hell yea we did."

Now I could finally give her the life she deserved.

Even though this would just have to remain between us, I was determined to make this work.

And judging by how that kiss went I'm more than sure she thought the same thing.

"So... what now?" She asked.

I tilted my head, "What do you mean?"

Her brows drew together as if I was missing something completely obvious.