Chapter 23

~Time skip: 3 Years after the events in Detroit~
(Don't get mad at the huge time gap, I don't think I've really time skipped at all in this book, so once won't hurt)

(Y/N P.O.V)
Three years ago today, androids and humans were fighting against each other in a war. This war helped the androids become known as new life, and eventually, they got accepted by the humans. Now, we all work together and live together in peace with no worry that people will look down upon the androids.

"(Y/n)? You've been staring at the calendar for exactly 3 minutes and 27 seconds. Are you okay?" I turned to look at Connor who was dressed up for our date.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just remembering" I smiled as I turned away from the calendar to fully look at Connor.

"You look beautiful" he smiled at me.

"And you look handsome" I smirked as I held his hand.

Connor decided that he wanted to take me on a picnic as a date. The weather was slightly chilly, but thankfully no snow has fallen yet which was odd for Detroit. I had obviously agreed to go on the date but decided to dress a bit warm for it since we were going to be outside.

Connor also decided to take Hazel with us, and I didn't see any problem with it.

So here we are, walking down the sidewalk hand in hand. A happy puppy running in front of us and a picnic basket in Connors other hand. Everything seems to be perfect.

We crossed the street to get to the park which seemed to be almost completely empty. Connor pointed to a spot somewhat under a tree, and we laid out the blanket and sat down.

"It's so calm here, especially with nobody around," I said as I closed my eyes for a moment to enjoy the sound of nature. I opened them a few seconds later.

"Yes, it seems to be the perfect day for our picnic," Connor said as he started laying out some food.

"You even packed my favourite!" I smiled as I saw (fav. Food).

"Of course I did, I wouldn't forget it!" He laughed.

Hazel sat happily in front of us as we began to eat our food. Connor and I happily chatted and shared some laughs.

"I'm so glad I met you, (y/n)" Connor said once we were done eating.

"I am too, Connor. I don't even want to think about where I'd be right now if you weren't here with me"

We began to clean up our mess, I folded the blanket up and laid it on top of the basket that was behind me.

I turned back around to face Connor who was already looking at me, suddenly he seemed nervous. Hazel stood beside him, looking up at me.

"Connor?"

"Three years ago I met the best co-worker and girlfriend I'd ever have in my entire life. You managed to make me happy and allowed me to finally feel emotions. You managed to make me fall in love, which I didn't think was possible until I met you. I love you so much, (y/n) (l/n) and that's why,-"

Connor got down onto one knee and Hazel also sat down beside him. My eyes widened and a smile spread across my face. Suddenly, Hazel gently dropped a tiny (f/ colour) box into Connors' hand. I was slightly amazed at how the box wasn't covered in slobber.

"-I hope you'll do the honours of continuing to make me the happiest android in the entire world."

He opened the small box to reveal a beautiful diamond ring. (Imagine whatever ring you'd want)

"(Y/n) (l/n), will you marry me?" Connors beautiful brown eyes stared up at me.

"Yes! A million times yes!"

Connors face lit up with a huge smile as he took the ring from the box and placed it onto my finger. I stared at it for a moment before engulfing him in a hug.

"I love you so much, Connor. You've made me the happiest person in the world" I laughed and I continued to hug him. He gave me a kiss which lasted a while.

I heard the sound of a camera taking a picture, so I turned to look in the direction. Hank was standing a bit away from us along with a man holding a camera. Hank had his own phone out and seemed to be recording us.

"How long has he been taking pictures? I've only just noticed"

"He was here to the whole time, we were talking so much that I guess you couldn't hear the click of the camera" Connor laughed a bit as I turned to look at Hank who was approaching us.

"Congratulations you two" Hank hugged both Connor and I.

"I'll have your pictures to you by tonight" the camera man nodded towards Connor and walked away.

Silence fell between us for a few moments.

"You know, I always thought after the events in Detroit our story would just end. I never really thought about marriage. But now that it's going to happen, I know that a new chapter in our story is just beginning" I smiled at Connor and kissed him.

"I'm more than glad to begin this new chapter in life with you, (y/n)"

"I love you, Connor"

"I love you too, (y/n). I know I've said it before, but thank you for making me feel Alive"

~~~~~~~~
The end.

I'd like to thank each and every one of you for taking the time to read my book! I'm a bit sad that this story has ended but all good things must come to an end.

In the near future, I'm going to be making a Markus x Reader book. It probably won't be for a week or two because I need to plan it all out a bit first. But, I'm hoping some people will go check it out once it's up! (I'll let you know when it's up)

I was thinking about making a second book for this one, but I wasn't quite sure of what I'd do for it. So, if you have any suggestions or ideas feel free to leave them here and I might make the second book in the future. If you think I should just leave this book as is with no second book, also let me know.

Once again, thank you for reading this book. I appreciate every vote and comment!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! <3