Chp. 15

Chapter 15: A Struggle of Twist and Turns

Three days had passed since that meal. During those three days, Gu Zhun stayed at home and did not take a step out of his house. Truthfully, he did not even have the mood to go out for a walk.

Xu YaLe was not someone who was easy to deal with. She knew that with Zhang Heng's abilities, he would discover the truth sooner or later. At this rate, Gu Zhun would resign on his own. Incidentally, his heart would have been hurt by Zhang Heng. Even if Zhang Heng liked him, he wouldn't reciprocate... At that time, she would be able to sit back and wait for Zhang Heng to come her embrace.

"Hahahaha...!" Xu YaLe slyly decided to call the head of the implementation department, "Department head, call your staff to convene for a meeting. Also, inform Gu Zhun to come back for the meeting. It's best we conclude things..."

After hanging up the call, Xu YaLe extended her index finger and languidly twisted her wavy maroon locks that had been curled with an iron. The corner of her mouth inclined upwards, revealing a sinister smile.

Company conference room.

Gu Zhun was like a small suffering animal. His head drooped and his tense fingers restlessly squeezed, pinched and rubbed his hands. He placed his palms together and settled down. To Gu Zhun, this meeting was like a trial. That sense of horror was no less than compared to the public criticism in front of the whole school.

"As Zhang corporation's business adviser, I would like to express my opinion regarding this issue."

The staff below lifted their heads, fixing their gaze on Xu YaLe and waited for her to continue speaking: "It has been three days or so since this incident started. The company has yet to find conclusive evidence that Gu Zhun is innocent, so he is the most likely suspect. What do you have to say, Gu Zhun?"

Xu YaLe crossed her hands to prop up her smooth chin and asked Gu Zhun with a smile that didn't quite resemble one.

Gu Zhun raised his eyes, his entire body weak and powerless. Now that things had reached this point... Was he expected to leave and resign on his own accord? No one could prove his innocence. No matter how he tried to explain, it would all be for naught...
It seemed he could only find another job.

"Gu Zhun, just resign... The company does not welcome turncoats, especially people like you." The head of the implementation department scathingly spat out his orders.

At one side, Ma ShangQian had his head lowered. He didn't have the guts to speak out for Gu Zhun, his beloved senior. He could only be a spineless coward and looked on as Gu Zhun got rebuked.

Gu Zhun stood up and said: "I understand...maybe resigning is for the best. I will pay the compensation fee..."

Gu Zhun avoided the looks of sympathy and contempt from the staff as he walked past them to the door. Just as he was about to open the door, Zhang Heng, who had been standing in front of the door was a step faster. He opened the door and entered the meeting room with big strides, stopping Gu Zhun from leaving by placing his hands on Gu Zhun's thin and frail shoulders.

"There is no need for resignation nor compensation. Gu Zhun is innocent."
The staff couldn't believe it and protested: "President Zhang, you can't cover for Gu Zhun just because he was an old classmate of yours!"

Zhang Heng was followed by Wen corporation's young vice president, Wen YiHong, along with President Lee of Vogue Era.

"President Zhang isn't covering for him. Gu Zhun really is innocent," said the attractive Wen YiHong. He had a straight and tall body; the black suit wrapped tightly around his defined muscles, and a pair of black spectacles rested on his high nose bridge. He was a picturesque intellectual beauty.