Chp. 31

Chapter 31: The Little Boy is Unable to Repay

The three of them ate supper and drank at the food stall. It was time for them to part ways and go home to rest. Zhang Heng accompanied Gu Li, who was venting out her unhappiness, and drank two glasses of Tsingtao beer, so he was unable to drive. Gu Zhun had to support his sister into the backseat. She did not have a high alcohol tolerance, yet she consumed so much beer. Gu Zhun sat in the driver's seat. He had to serve as the driver for these two main characters and drove back to his house. Gu Zhun settled his sister down, closed the door, and went to the living room. He kicked Zhang Heng, who was currently slouched on the sofa with his legs crossed: "Hey, are you alright? Do you want to sleep in my room for awhile?"

"... can't I sleep here for the entire night?" Zhang Heng heard that he could sleep here for a while, especially on Gu Zhun's bed that was filled with his scent! It was entirely filled with Gu Zhun's smell, so didn't that mean he was surrounded all around by Gu Zhun?

"Why don't you go back when you have your own house? Don't you feel embarrassed, shamelessly staying at another person's house, especially one that has an unmarried woman at home?" However, Gu Zhun naturally refused. It was hard to tell whether he would be interrogated by Xu YaLe when he went back to the office tomorrow.

When Zhang Heng heard such replies from Gu Zhun, he could tell that Gu Zhun was not very willing. However, he really wanted it to be like seven years ago, when he was joined at the hip with Gu Zhun, glued together all day.

But... since Gu Zhun was unwilling, why would Zhang Heng force him? Moreover, he was only able to smell Gu Zhun's smell, yet he was unable to do anything and could only forcibly tolerate it. That feeling was the same as not being able to eat meat for a long time, and when you finally get to do so, someone actually told you that it wasn't for you.

That unbearable feeling was a living hell.

"Forget it, I better go back. You should rest soon." Zhang Heng stood up and walked to the entrance. Just when he finished wearing his left shoe, Gu Zhun's voice called out behind him: "Thank you for your help."

Little rascal, you actually know how to thank people...

Zhang Heng wore the other shoe and pinched Gu Zhun's nose. Gu Zhun frowned and heard Zhang Heng say: "You are welcome—To express your gratitude, just accompany me on a business trip."

"...Huh?"

Zhang Heng pulled the door open. He turned his head, and the corners of his lip were slightly raised up. It was not a sinister smile, but it felt like he was plotting something behind that smile. "This is an order from your superior, you're not allowed to disobey. We will leave tomorrow. See you at the company's parking lot."

"..." Just when Gu Zhun wanted to ask Zhang Heng where they were going, Zhang Heng had already pulled open the door and rushed out. Moreover, he walked very quickly, as though he was afraid Gu Zhun would chase after him and say: "Sorry, I am not capable enough to accompany President Zhang on a business trip."

Zhang Heng was banking on the fact that if Gu Zhun decided not to go, then Gu Zhun was disobeying a superior's order and bringing his own personal feelings into work-related matters. It would be a huge psychological pressure on Gu Zhun, be it for work or for personal matters.

As such, it was certain that Gu Zhun would accompany Zhang Heng for that business trip.

"Hm hm—" Zhang Heng sat in the car, started the engine, hummed a popular Beijing song, and drove back to his empty villa.

The next morning, Gu Zhun was packing the last suitcase. He stuffed a charger, a universal adapter, and all those insignificant daily appliances into the last few empty spaces in the suitcase. Gu Li rubbed her drowsy eyes, yawned, and looked at her brother busily packing.