Chp. 37

Chapter 37: Tokyo Night (1)

Happy days always seemed to fly by the fastest. There were only two days left before they had to return home. However, this trip to Tokyo gave Zhang Heng and Gu Zhun a chance to skip work. They played for five days and did not attend to their duties. Of course, the main point was that Zhang Heng was the one who incited his subordinate to 'elope' with him.

Today, on the sixth day, they were finally on what could be considered a business trip— the annual Japanese Industrial Cultural Exchange Festival held by the Japanese Agency for Cultural Affairs— which meant attending a business dinner party.

"We are going to work." Zhang Heng lifted his hand and grabbed the ironed suit that was lying on the newly designed tatami floor chair. He placed it on his shoulders and smoothed the hem of his suit.

"Work?" Gu Zhun was still seated on the hotel's tatami mat, drinking the warm Japanese oolong tea that had cooled, and looking at— the shoujo manga that Zhang Heng got in passing while at a comic store in Akihabara.

"Haven't you been complaining to me that we are playing too much and not focusing on work? These are good opportunities for us to work today and tomorrow! We want the Japanese cultural sector to see how good our company is!" As Zhang Heng continued to speak, he became unexpectedly excited about it.

"Chuunibyou." Gu Zhun's expression didn't change much. Previously, Zhang Heng had used this business trip as an excuse to trick Gu Zhun into coming. They had wasted five days in Tokyo doing nothing. Previously he had made a fuss about going to work, otherwise he would feel sorry for the expenses! (The company paid for their round trip flight tickets, two days of expenses, and insurance. But the expenses for the remaining five day were paid from Zhang Heng's own pocket.)

However, now that work was suddenly mentioned, although he wasn't used to working, these changes were not a problem for Gu Zhun as he had long been accustomed to sudden changes.

"What sort of work is it?"

"Engaging in social interactions."

"Going to drink?"

"Going to a ball."

During this question and answer exchange, Zhang Heng thought that there was nothing wrong with his explanation. However, in Gu Zhun's opinion, it seemed like this ball was a little sketchy. Was it a problem with Japanese customs or was it... something that Zhang Heng had done?

However, he saw how serious Zhang Heng was when he wore his suit. He brushed off the fine dust on his suit, carefully selected the few ties that he brought in his luggage, and constantly compared them against his suit to compare which one matched well.

It was clear. Zhang Heng had attached a lot of importance to work this time.

In that case, it shouldn't be a joke from Zhang Heng.

Gu Zhun did not continue to interrogate Zhang Heng. He simply dragged his suitcase over and took out a suit and tie— it was one of the suits that Zhang Heng had previously bought for him.

"I think this one matches." Gu Zhun passed the tie to Zhang Heng. Zhang Heng took the tie. He looked at Gu Zhun with a stunned expression. He did not expected there would actually be a day that Gu Zhun would have such high EQ. Wasn't this flirting?

He fantasized that when the sun rose, a wife would pull open the floor length curtains, call to wake up her husband, and tell him to freshen up. The husband had drooping bed head, stood up from the bed groggily, and accidentally fell onto the flat surface. He launched his harem king skills and rubbed his wife's flat chest.