𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

𝐍𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄: holly jolly

"WE JUST TELL our parents we have AV Club after school. That'll give us at least a few hours for Operation Mirkwood."

"You seriously think that the weirdo knows where Will is?"

A sigh spewed from Cindy Harrington's lips, shooting a glare towards Lucas, who ignored his friend's scolding.

"Just trust me on this, okay?"

"Okay." 

"Did you get the supplies?" Mike asked, eyes scanning over Lucas as he nodded quickly, picking his backpack up off the floor.

"Binoculars...from 'Nam," Lucas presented his items, pulling each of them out and placing them gently on the table that the party surrounded.

"Army knife...also from 'Nam. Hammer, camouflage bandana..." The boy pulled his last item out with a proud smile, "and the wrist rocket."

"You're gonna take out the Demogorgon with a slingshot?" Dustin pressed, leaning forward on his hands as he studied the items.

"First of all, it's a wrist rocket. And second of all, the Demogorgon's not real. It's made up. But if there is something out there, I'm gonna shoot it in the eye..." Lucas quickly pulled the rubber band of the wrist rocket back, releasing it with a loud snap as his friend's flinched around him, "and blind it."

Cindy rolled her eyes at her friend, placing her hand on her forehead, shaking her head slowly.

"Dustin, what did you get?" Mike sighed, slowly moving his eyes off of Lucas, who's proud smile had only grown.

Dustin lifted his backpack from the floor, flipping it over and emptying its contents onto the table sloppily.

"Well, alrighty," The boy began, eyes locked on his supplies, which happened to all be mainly junk food with the occasional fruit thrown into the mix.

Mike, Lucas, and Cindy each wore unamused expressions, slowly looking up to meet each other's eyes in shared condemnation.

"So, we've got...Nutty Bars, Bazooka, Pez, Smarties, Pringles, Nilla Wafers, apple, banana, and trail mix," The Henderson boy smiled up at his friends, not thinking much of their critical stares.

"Dustin..." Cindy sighed, raising both her palms and dragging them down her face slowly.

"Seriously?" Lucas tilted his head from beside her, staring blankly at the goofy boy.