Chapter 52

~~~~~~~~~~~Samantha~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was annoyed and frustrated at the thought of me spending the whole day with Oliver. But my boss had left me no choice and here I was standing in front of Oliver's cabin. I could already see people watching me through the corner of their eyes, probably wondering what this girl who our boss had kicked out for stealing is doing here.

I wanted to run. Run as fast and as far from here as I could. But could I. Not really. Avoiding everyone's curious eyes, taking a deep breath I knocked on Oliver's cabin door.

"Who is it?" His arrogant voice hit from the other side.

I peeked my head in and said, "Samantha, er... Sir!"

Before I could blink, I saw him getting up from his seat and rushing towards me and in no time he was standing in front of me with the door opened for me.

"Er.... Thank you", I said tugging a strand of my hair behind my ears.

"Max told me that you refused to take cab?" He said as I took the seat.

"I don't need any favours from you. I can afford my conveyance", I said.

"Of course you can. But you are working from me, and I expect you to dedicate all your office hours for the business. Cab would have reduced your travel time. I have been waiting here since last fifteen minutes."

I glared at him with as much poison I could pour in these two eyes of mine as I could and said, "I work for Mr. Richmond, not you".

And as opposed to my expectation, he gave a loud laugh and said ,"Well, I guess Mr. Richmond and I are not on the same page yet then. Because he said that you will be working along my side till everything is finalized." Pausing for few seconds he picked his cell phone and dialled a number and brought the reciever to his ears.
I was getting impatient. Who is he calling? Is he calling Mr. Richmond?

"Who are you calling?" I asked not able to take it anymore.

"Your boss, who else?" He said casually.

I immediately snatched the phone from his hand and cut the call.
"Hey, what happened?" He asked

"No need to call Mr. Richmond. I am here, isn't it?" I said.

"Yes you are. But I don't want to delay things. Because if you'll question my every move like this, refusing to take cab, arguing every now and then. Then I don't think I will be able to finalize the deal".

I was so mad right now that I could have melted all the ice on North pole in one second with the temperature at which my head was boiling. But I remained silent.

"I'll try not to create any issues anymore Mr. Taylor", I said in a low voice.

"Good. That's better. Can you get me my favourite coffee then?" He said.

I gave him a cold state and then stood up to grab a coffee for him.

*********
"Would you care telling me where are we going?" I asked not able to hold my curiosity anymore after half an hour of long drive.

"We are going to meet our interior designer to look at the catalogues and finalize the details", he said taking another rough turn which brought me lean to his side once again.

"Why do we need to go somewhere to meet him? Why can't he come to the office?"

"Her?" He said giving me a wide grin.

"What?"

"Her, not him. She is a girl. A very good friend of mine. I am sure you'll love her too."