Thirty-Three || Bad Timing

|| Bad Timing

War raged between family within the BHHS library, Liam Dunbar gaining a head on Scott, tossing his alpha clear over the information desk and pouncing after him.

Kill the alpha. Become the alpha.

As Scott struggled to get up from the ground among shattered glass, Liam lifted a chair up over his own head before bashing it down on Scott's back, knocking him onto the table.

Liam picked up Scott's shoulders, slamming his fearless leader against the wooden surface repeatedly.

Did he know Hayden was going to die without him?

Scott suddenly wound back on Liam, running the beta into another table before flipping around and hitting his jaw.

Liam, however, couldn't be matched among his natural rage and boost from the Supermoon.

Scott was thrown onto the low, open stairs within the dual level library. He kicked Liam off, scrounging to get his footing and climb onto the landing. "Don't do this, Liam!" He looked to his beta. "I can't let you kill me."

Scott turned to the wide window, moonlight pooling onto the alpha.

His first shift of the night came on strong, his desire to live taking over.

Liam launched onto the stairset, attacking Scott with every ounce of his will, his twisted means overpowering his conscious as he delivered and received blow after blow.

Scott put a knee into Liam's back, soon hoisting the beta up and throwing him down the stairs.

Liam, however, didn't cease. He retrieved another chair, swinging it at Scott as the alpha leaped over him.

Scott bounded off one of the study tables, flipping over the railing of the second floor balcony. He focused on Liam, the beta on the move to join him. "He's using you, Liam. He wants you to be the alpha because he can't take the power from me. Only you can. But once you do, he'll take it from you. That's why he wants you to kill me."

Liam ascended the staircase, gaining on Scott. "That's what you don't get, Scott. I want to kill you. I want to!" He grabbed him by the shoulders, slamming Scott into a bookshelf and wailing on his face.

Scott slipped out of his grip, wheeling around and getting Liam in a headlock. "Liam, please!"

"No!" Liam shoved Scott back into a wall, growling as he threw him over his head, launching him down the stairs.

The beta soon tackled Scott, the pair rolling down the final set of stairs into the depths of the library. He kicked Scott down, the alpha sprawled on the stairs as Liam stood over him.

Scott jumped up, rushing Liam only to be thrown into the table behind him.

As Hayden Romero's heart stopped, Liam was slashing fervently all over Scott, the alpha slowly giving up.

"Liam!"

Mason ran in the library, screaming Liam's name again as he witnessed his best friend attempting murder. "Liam!"

The beta stopped sharply, panting as he looked back to Mason, a bloodied hand raised.

Mason's eyes were wide, his breath taken away. Who was this? "Liam," he said in disbelief, "what are you doing?"

Liam looked to his own hand, chest rising and falling heavily. His justification? "Hayden."

"She's gone," Mason told her, eyes worn from the night. "She died a couple of minutes ago. She's gone."