Reed800//Coffee

Prompt// Coffee
Warnings// Cursing, Slightly Mature Flirtation

There were thirty different ways Gavin could think of to ask him out right off the bat. Oddly enough this wasn't one of them. Before even reading the note next to the coffee cup that was residing on his desk he shoved the end of a drug tester into the liquid. When it beeped that it was fine he sighed and took a seat.

Leaning forward he took the folded paper and found near perfect cursive spelling out, 'You're hot like coffee'. He snorted even though he could feel the heat in his face as he sat the paper aside to take a drink of the liquid energy. Nines moves to glance at the paper and rose a delicate brow at him, "It seems you have an admirer, rA9 knows why".

"Shut it you overgrown microwave," He hissed swatting the giant away so that he could cram the paper into his desk drawer.

✞ ✞☕️✞ ✞

The next day he found another cup of caffeine lifeblood sitting on his desk and began the ritual all over again. Check for date rape drugs, sit, read the note. Said note had him flushing all the way down to his chest at its contents, 'Your a prick, I wonder if your prick is as pretty as you'. He crammed the note in his desk drawer along with yesterday's and tried to drown his embarrassment in the coffee.

"You seem a little red over there, Gremlin!" Anderson called across the bullpen from where he was talking to his plastic pet hottie.

"Mind your own damn business, you phcking skyscraper!" He growled making a rude hand gesture towards the older man as he logged into his pc.

✞ ✞☕️ ✞ ✞

By the third day he didn't bother checking his coffee for contraband. Flopping ungracefully into his rolling chair he took a long drink of the mocha sweetness and flipped opened the note. Bad move. The note sent him into a coughing fit, sputtering as he tried to breathe through the liquid that was now somewhere in his lungs. The crisp cursive simply read, 'I wonder if your lips taste like coffee'.

"Are you alright, Detective Reed?" Connor questioned stopping beside him holding Anderson's mug. He looked genuinely worried as he edged closer hovering near Gavin's shoulder.

"I'm fine, you damn dildo," he growled shoving the paper into the drawer trying not to let the android see the writing.

Connor smiled in that cute way that had his knees shaky and whispered something as he walked across the bullpen something that made Gavin stop breathing for a moment, "Yes, yes you are".

"Did my predecessor just flirt with you? Of all humans, you?"Nines wrinkles his nose looking away from his own monitor for a moment.

"That's not what he meant, You oversized toaster!"

✞ ✞☕️ ✞ ✞

Gavin groaned quietly as Nines left the station. Of course the box of plastic would get done before him. He spun around in his chair causing it to squeak quietly as he looked at the cork board he had hung up behind him to keep more space on his desk. Closing his eyes he leaned bag breathing out a sigh, he just needed to finish two more files and he could go home. He needed a coffee.

At the thought a soft blink of ceramic meeting the glass top of his desk sounded. He opened his eyes to find Connor hovering over him with a soft smile, "You looked like you could use it".

Gavin frowned as the smell of mocha creamer wafted over to him, "How'd you know how I take my coffee?"

The android chuckled, "No offense, but you're a terrible detective," and suddenly soft synthetic lips were on his and a careful tongue swept over his bottom lip, "I was right, you do taste like coffee".