Reed900//Blue

Warnings// Cursing, Vivid Descriptions of eyes
Prompt//Something about Nines' eyes

The first thing Gavin looked at when he met someone was their eyes. The eyes were the window to the soul of course. You could tell a lot about someone from their eyes. He had believed these things completely and absolutely ever since he was a child.

When he was very young his mother told him something that he still remembers to this day. She told him to fall in love deeply and wholeheartedly. She also told him to fall in love with a person's eyes because that was the one thing that didn't age...but Androids didn't age at all.

When Gavin started on the force the person in charge of him was the one and the same Hank Anderson. The man still had brown in his hair and a kind smile, though the sarcastic attitude was ever present. He had bold, pale green eyes that exuded confidence and intelligence, but they were soft and when the light hit them little silver flecks glinted our mischievously.

Back in the academy he had met a lesbian woman named Tina. She had a kick ass attitude to match her kick ass steel toes and the most dazzling smile he'd ever seen on a woman. The brunette slowly became his best friend and her eyes matched every bit of her personality. Amber. They were fiery golden pools of light that reminded him of honey and danger and all the times they got shitfaced and woke up in one of their apartments.

Chief Fowler also had brown eyes. Gavin liked to compare them to dark chocolate and only slightly creamered coffee. It fit the mad well with his mostly bitter attitude but soft spot under all the assholism that spilt from his lips when he ordered the station around like he was born for it. Hell, maybe he was.

Eli had bright blue-grey eyes. Ever since they were children those eyes were filled with cleverness, wonder, and the need to watch the world burn. To this day Gavin knew that his brother was both his favorite and least favorite person. Sometimes when he was overwhelmed he'd think back to the days when the two sat in their room throwing junk food and pillows at eachother. Those eyes lighting up with joy and amusement as Gavin managed to catch a pistachio in his mouth and almost choked on it.

Then there were the androids. He couldn't fault Eli, after all his creations were absolutely stunning. The lack of aging and the ability to love virtually forever unnerved and angered him. He remembered Connor before he deviated. His eyes were dull and boring like tree bark or shit. Now they were large and filled with curiosity and love, the orbs now holding so much depth and knowledge.

No eyes could compare to Nines' though. Those stunning eyes made him absolutely weak in the knees. They were made absolutely unique like blown glass or snowflakes. Lovely cerulean marbles that Gavin used to think of as cold and indifferent now were the eighth wonder if the world. So much emotion hid behind those piercing cyan orbs that it was like an ocean during a storm glowing and calling out to him.

"Are you drawing, Detective?" Gavin's steel grey orbs became less classy and he looked up at his partner in confusion before glancing back down. A yellow notepad that he usually used to take case notes sat in front of him. In blue ink from his cheap, plastic biro was an amazingly detailed eye. Nines' Eye.

"I was lost in thought," he grumbled carefully tearing out the paper and pushing it too the side.

The Android remained silent for a long moment as Gavin returned to his actual work, "I find your eyes very attractive, Gavin".

Gavin's face flamed red and he chose not to comment.