Reed900//We All Fall Down Sometimes

Warnings// Cursing, Feels, Temporary Death, Slight Android Gore
Prompt//Nines gets hurt

Gavin didn't cry often. There were probably two instances where anyone had even seen him cry. The first was roughly three years ago at his Mother's funeral. He remembers clutching her cold hand and crying while he looked down at her, at least she looked peaceful with her grey eyes closed and her honey brown hair spread around her.

He thought it was alright to cry in that moment, after all that was his mother laying in some shiny box about to go six feet under. His father hadn't thought so. The man clapped him harshly on the back of his head and growled at him to stop disgracing their family any further with his fairy boy sobbing. Gavin had immediately shoved the need to cry back until he'd gotten home where he could sob grossly and pet Dipshit as she purred away in his lap.

The other time he had cried in public was about a year ago. They had broke up a crack den in the lower east side and a stray bullet ripped through his leg like a missile. He'll he didn't even know he was crying until Chen approached the back of the ambulance and smiled at him sarcastically as she asked if he was alright. She kept a firm, comforting grip on his shoulder as the bullet was dug out of his thigh.

Right now wasn't like either of those times though. Right now he was sitting on the grubby pavement in some back alley in down town Detroit clutching a dead body to his chest. The thought didn't occur to him that Nines was a literal robot at the time because goddamnit there was a hole the size of a quarter between his eyes and there was blue blood everywhere.

Gavin curled into the plastic man shoving his face into the junction where his neck met his shoulder. He clutched the stupid jacket lapels ignoring the gross consistency of the therium now coating his hands. He was crying, sobbing really, and hyperventilating in a way that he hadn't since high school.

Tina's cruiser was parked at the opening of the ally giving him at least a little privacy as he struggled through his first full blown panic attack in years. He could distantly hear the guy who had shot his partner screaming something about rights, but who really knows because he was higher than a kite and got one luck pop off at the mountain Gavin had begun to call his friend. The brunet hiccups and pulls the body impossibly closer wishing his dumb, rich cousin would invent a time machine so he could go back and fix this. He wished he could just go back and at least tell the plastic bag of wires how he felt.

A large hand placed itself on his head, running its fingers through his hair softly, "My apologies, detective, it took much longer than I calculated to transfer to my other processors".

Gavin clutches the stupid CyberLife jacket tighter and breathed in before blurting, "I'm in love with you, you phcking dildo".

"I have a soft spot for you as well, Gavin," the Android said pulling him to where he could hold him through the after shakes of his anxiety attack. Oh thank god.