~ Helping you remember ~

I've only had one friend who had a concussion while I was present. I was so shocked when I found out they had lost their memory. We were ice skating and they fell down backwards and landed straight on their head. We took them to the hospital and later found that their memory was gone, they couldn't even remember their family and their friends. They had completely forgotten how to play the guitar and the hardest part was telling their parents that their child had forgotten them. 

Memories are funny, aren't they? Who knew how important they were for making bonds? I guess that's why the world says that people have two deaths. When your body dies and when someone says your name or recounts a memory of you for the last time.

"Trying to forget someone you love is like trying to remember someone you never met"

- PureloveQuotes.com

KEITH

It took some convincing but after Keith showed you that you were together, you agreed to go to your apartment. Ms Smith heard about your incident and offered to stay with you while Keith continued to work. Although she was getting old, she patted your worried cries of her staying with you. And when I mean by 'patting your worries away' I mean she stubbornly poked you with her cane until you gave up laughing.

Keith helped you up the stairs with his arms around your shoulder and offering his body as support while you climbed to the fourth floor. "Watch out for that step." Keith gently moved you away from an ordinary looking floorboard. You stopped climbing and looked at the board.

"I know that board," you whispered. Keith smiled.

"When I first met you, I pulled you out of the way and told you to never put your foot there."

"Because Ms Smith had an accident there and had to go to the hospital!" You gasped.

"Yes!" Keith eagerly jerked forward but stopped and slowly reeled back, biting his lip.

"Keith?" You asked, " Are you okay?"

"Yeah..." He answered. "I'm fine."

You looked at him suspiciously as he kept helping you up the stairs. Ms Smith opened the door as Keith helped you to the couch. The elderly woman hobbled over with her cane and took a seat next to you.

"I haven't seen you in a long time. I never thought our reunion would start like this," she chuckled. You tried to laugh as you awkwardly sat on the couch with your downstairs neighbour. Keith was in the kitchen boiling some water and setting out cups.

"Did um... How long was I with Keith?" You asked.

"Oh... I would say about nearly a year. You had been a lovely couple. A stubborn couple but a good one. That was... Until about a few months ago," She sighed.

"... What happened a few months ago?" You asked. Ms Smith looked at you while you waited for her to answer. Your lips were slightly apart while you patiently waited. She put a hand on top of yours and looked at you seriously.

"I will let you and Keith sort that one out. This is your relationship with this young man and as much as I hate to say this, you are not my daughter. I would have loved you to be mine but... it looks like another woman had the honour of giving birth to you."