Part 29

"Y/N!"

I searched for the owner of the voice. But I couldn't see anyone. Not even a thing.

I looked around me. It was pitch black. Everything was dark.

And cold.

I took hesitant steps forward without even knowing where I was going.

Am I dead?

Or am I just dreaming...

I shivered and wrapped my hands around myself, trying to warm myself up.

I didn't know afterlife was this cold.

I sighed and continued my journey into the unknown, endless void. There was nothing but my thoughts to accompany me. Those thoughts only made everything worse as I began evaluating the situation I was in. It all pointed to my death in the end.

Did I actually die?

My breath hitched and I stopped on my track.

No... Please...

I can't just go like this...

I couldn't assure my kingdom's safety or even saved my own people. I didn't fix even a single mistake from the hundreds of wrongs that I've committed. I don't deserve to go and rest in peace while I know people are suffering because of me.

A faint sound of footsteps interrupted my thoughts.

I'm not alone here?

I looked up and froze.

There, before me, were the people I only dreamed of meeting.

My parents were... they were...

"Y/N," my mother spoke.

Her voice was unreal.

This whole thing seemed unreal.

The voice that I ever so longed to hear just one more time. The sweet, melodic voice that I wished called my name and told me that everything was alright. The voice that I always heard at night, in my bittersweet dreams that I never wanted to wake up from.

"M-Mom," my lips quivered and my eyes became blurred with tears. "D-Dad."

He looked at me with his usual soft eyes. I whimpered at his casual smile, warmth permeating from his empathetic gaze. His expression that always soothed me whenever I was troubled ironically caused a heavy lump to form in my throat.

I dashed towards them and threw myself into their arms. I put my weight on them, suddenly becoming unable to hold it myself.

I set my emotions free and let my tears leave my eyes as I clutched their shoulders as hard as I could, afraid that they'd disappear if I didn't. My chest was being squeezed and I had difficulty breathing.

"I missed you two so much," I choked on my sobs.

They chuckled softly and let go of me. I reluctantly pulled myself back and looked at their faces.

"We missed you, too. But I'm afraid we'll have to part again," my mother smiled at me and held my cheeks, gently wiping my tears.

"What?"

"We know what happened. Vuxaniel attacked our kingdom, right? That young man, Taehyung made a lot of sacrifices, didn't he?" my father rubbed my back.

I sniffled and nodded.

"He's Elle's fiancé, is he not?" He raised his eyebrow questioningly.

I gulped.

"W-Well, I-"

"You love him, don't you?"

These questions are killing me.

And I thought I was dead, about to rest in 'peace' forever...

I brought my eyes up to meet his gaze. He was smirking, surely teasing me and enjoying it.

"You didn't change at all, dad," I snorted.

He only shrugged and gave me a face saying "You can't change this sassy man".

I sighed in defeat. "I do."

They went silent, urging me to continue.

"I know that I shouldn't be 'stealing' my sister's husband-to-be and I never intended to do that. Feelings can't be forced and I can't deny what I feel for him. I just... I feel like I don't need anything else when I'm around him. He makes me feel comfort like I've never felt before. I already gave up on love when you two-" I paused and eyed them. They nodded and I continued, "He filled my heart that was hopeless, empty and devoid of any emotions with the feeling of love again. He filled it to the brim and beyond. It's overflowing."

They smiled knowingly, understanding just what I was trying to convey.

"We know. And we actually support your union. Plus, Elle wasn't much interested in him since what?" My mother turned to face my father who laughed loudly at her remark, throwing his head backwards.

"Ever since she met him, honey, she heeded no attention to him. She may be disappointed that her fiancé was snatched but I bet she didn't fret about it."

I couldn't help but chuckle a little.

She really didn't care about it since we were small. If anything, she was actually disappointed that she couldn't choose her own husband. Perhaps this was her chance.

"So, Y/N."

I hummed, bringing my attention back to them.

"About Jungkook..."

My heart started thumping faster and harder. I crashed my eyebrows.

"I will never forgive him for what he did," I clenched my jaw.

They looked at each other and stepped sideways, revealing his parents. I gasped and covered my mouth.

"Hello, Y/N."

A/N: I just couldn't fit this whole thing in one chapter so I'm separating it.

-Is she dead?
-She's meditating, guys

Thank you for reading and please don't forget to vote if you liked this chapter 💕