Chapter 8

But in the end, they all drift away

But in the end, they all drift away. // Even the ones who promised to stay.

Tom sat at the top of the hill for another hour, sobering up before he dragged himself home and crashing into his bed. The next thing he knew was that he was woken up by the sound of his phone buzzing. It was Harrison shooting the boy a text that he was coming over.

The blonde boy wanted to know about Tom's drive home and about the rest of his night. What he didn't know yet, was that the night went not like he had imagined it to go. He had wished for the two of you to talk about what happened and maybe take the first step towards the revival of the iconic duo you once were. Harrison had seen that there was still something between you and he honestly couldn't wait to ask Tom about what had happened a few weeks ago, because he clearly didn't tell him everything.

Tom just got out of the shower as the boy arrived at the Holland's home. Harrison grabbed himself a glass of water before making his was to his friend's room, settling down on Tom's couch.

"Sooo?" Harrison grinned at Tom.

"What?" The brunette groaned. He knew what his best friend wanted to hear, but he also knew that he didn't want to talk about what had happened only a few hours ago.

"How'd last night go?"

"All good." Tom said through gritted teeth as alarm clocks started ringing in Harrison's head.

"Oh no, what did you do, Thomas?" The blonde boy groaned, almost throwing himself off the couch in the process. Did Tom fuck this up again?

"Nothing, we just talked and then I just simply asked her why the two of you never started dating although you had feelings for each other and then she went off about literally everything and yeah, that's basically it." Tom shrugged as Harrison sat up straight, turning his head towards his best friend who was sitting on the other side of the couch.

"I'm giving you thirty seconds to run before I fucking smash your fucking stupid head against the damn floor." Harrison groaned. He couldn't believe what Tom had just told him and he sure as hell couldn't believe how that boy managed to fuck this up again. How on earth did Tom think you had feelings for Harrison?

"What did I do now?" Tom still had no idea why Harrison was that pissed, for Tom there wasn't a reason to be that pissed off at him.

"She. Was. Never. In. Love. With. Me." Harrison said, with each word smacking the brunette on the back of his head.

"Can you get lost, mate?" Tom rubbed the sore spot on his head.

"No, because you're so fucking stupid, I can't believe you actually graduated primary school." Harrison groaned, settling back down on his end of the couch. He couldn't help but shake his head at the boy he called his best friend.

"Why are you so pissed? I stepped back to let the two of you be happy together, you clearly had feelings for each other?"

"Where the fuck did you hear that? TOM, WHY ARE YOU SO STUPID? At this point you're literally just annoying the fuck out of me." Harrison wanted to rip his own head off, just so he wouldn't have to listen to Tom being an idiot over and over again.