Chapter 9

But in the end, they all drift away

But in the end, they all drift away. // Even the ones who promised to stay.

"What are you talking about?" Tom managed to say after he just sat there, staring at Harrison for what felt like hours to him. His brain took a few minutes to realize what the blonde boy had just told him and it refused to believe the words that came out of Harrison's mouth.

"I said: The conversation was about (Y/N)'s feelings for you, Tom." Harrison repeated himself.

"What do you mean?"

"Bro, do I speak a foreign language or what? I said: (Y/N) told me that she was in love with you, you fucking idiot. I can't believe the reason you walked away was because you thought she was in love with me, seriously, how brainless are you? Have you ever heard about confronting someone?" Harrison groaned.

"She- She is in love with me?" Tom still couldn't find the right words. He felt like he was dreaming.

"Was - I said was, you fucked that one up yourself, mate."

"Why have you never told me, are you shitting me right now? It's been 3 years!" The boy realized that Harrison had known all that time and never thought about telling him about your feelings for him. He could've single handedly stopped Tom from walking away from you.

"Ohhhh no! No, you don't get to blame me for the shit you pulled. You never told me the reason why you were trying to delete her out of your life. Nah mate, you don't get to blame anyone else but you. That is not on me." Harrison laughed, shaking his head at his best friend next to him.

"You could've told me about her feelings, man. Fuck." Tom groaned as the realization of his stupid actions finally sank in. Why did he walk away?

"If you two fucking oblivious idiots would've just tried having a conversation about your feelings for once, maybe you would have already celebrated your fucking three years anniversary, fuck that, make that five years, you fucks. I swear, you're making me want to smash my own head against a wall. I never thought two people could be so stupid."

"Do you think she'd give me another chance?" Tom asked, making Harrison almost burst out with laughter. Tom couldn't think properly, he had just heard that you were in love with him at one point and he kind of avoided thinking about what could have happened if he would have just talked to you about his feelings.

"You're unbelievable. What do you wanna do? Walk over there, tell her you love her and then everything is back to love, peace, and harmony?"

"Nooo, ah fuck mate, I can't think right now. What do I do?" Tom groaned, burying his head in his hands. His head hurt and he felt like he was about to faint because his brain was still processing the new information he had just been given.

"How about you fucking try to be a nice guy for once? Start being there again, you dipshit."

"I'm pretty sure she doesn't want to talk to me anymore. You haven't seen her face when she told me to leave her alone. She hates me. She doesn't want anything to do with me anymore." Tom said as tears threatened to start falling from his eyes.