37. Burning desires

Snaking his arm around my waist, Nathaniel pulled me closer so that his warm breath was tickling my forehead. The rock music in the background shifted to a romantic song and we began to sway together. Nathaniel's eyes were fixated on my face while mine were looking at a particular person. I smiled sheepishly when I turned my attention back to my dance partner.

He returned my smile and leaned down, his lips brushed my earlobes when he spoke, "You are so beautiful, Hazel."

My breath hitched at his words, a deep blush coated my cheeks.

What should I say? Damn it high school for not teaching me how to flirt!

"You don't look so bad yourself.", I tried but my voice came out squeaky. He smirked and muttered a thank you in his exotic accent.

Initially, my body was stiff but his jokes and compliments relaxed my tensed mind and I gave in, forgetting about the pair of eye boring holes through my back.

"So what are you doing here?", he asked after a pause, the romantic song had now changed into a rock one.

"Here?", I asked in confusion.

"In this club. Sorry to say but you don't look like a person who likes clubbing and all.", he muttered.

"Uhh.. I.."

What am I supposed to say? I'm keeping an eye on you.

"Stefan asked me to. I didn't want to come but he was so persistent. I had to give in eventually.", I replied.

Nice save, Hazel!

"Oh.", he said.

He turned me around so that I was facing Xavier now. He was watching us with hooded eyes, his lips were set in a thin line. He narrowed his eyes when he noticed my gaze on him. Pouring the alcohol in a glass, he chugged it down without breaking his eye contact with me.

I felt agitated all of sudden. The intensity in his eyes was making my emotions go haywire. The fact that he was going to be someone's husband tomorrow was not helping either. A familiar heaviness settled in my stomach again.

Averting my eyes away from him, I stood on my toes and whispered im Nathaniel's ears, "I need some air. I'll be back soon."

He nodded and pointed towards the door to the outside. Excusing myself, I scurried out of the suffocating atmosphere, a sigh left my mouth when I breathed in the chilly air. This area looked like the backside of the club, it was a deserted piece of ground surrounded by tall trees, completely uninhabited.

"Hazel.", I heard a familiar voice call my name. I turned around and found Xavier following me. He ran towards me, decreasing the distance between us until he was standing only a few inches away from me. His eyes were hazy under the effect of alcohol.

"Why are you following me?", I whispered when he took a step towards me. Involuntarily, I took one backwards. Our eyes were locked into each other, the atmosphere suddenly charged with tension.

He didn't reply. Instead, took another step towards me. I gasped when my back hit with a wall, realizing that there was no more space to move behind.

"You are drunk.", I gulped, too aware of our proximity.

"Am I? Because I'm not the one dancing with random men.", he said through clenched teeth. Putting his arms on the wall at both sides of my head, he caged me inside. The vein in his neck was popped out, indicating that he was pissed.

"What do you mean?", I seethed.

"You know what I mean.", he retorted in a low voice.

"If you are talking about Nathaniel then it's none of your business.", I stated with confidence, ignoring the butterflies erupting inside my stomach.

"It is my business.", he hissed, leaning towards me.

"Who do you think you-", my words caught in my throat when his lips descended on mine in a hard and rough manner. For a second, I stood there without moving, too shocked to say or do anything. But when his hands wrapped around my waist and he yanked my body towards his hard chest, I moved out of the trance and my lips started responding to his kiss on their own.

He pushed me against the wall again, his mouth devouring me as if I was his oxygen. There was nothing sweet and gentlemanly about his kiss and somehow, that made my toes curl in pleasure.

He traced his lips against the opening of my mouth, coaxing me to part my lips. When I didn't give in, he trailed his hands down to my butt. A gasp escaped my lips and he used this to his advantage, sliding his tongue inside my mouth.

I felt like I was intoxicated, my body felt on fire. He pulled me up a little and following his lead, I wrapped my legs around his torso, his hands around my butt supporting my weight against the wall.

For the mutual need to breath, we both parted. But he didn't stop, he traced his lips to my jaw, caressing the skin with his chapped lips. I trailed my hands through his soft, black hair. He moaned softly when I tugged them little.

His lips moved all the way down the curve of my neck. A stifled moan left my mouth when he sucked the skin of the junction of my neck and shoulder, his other hand grazing over my bare thigh. Shivers after shivers were passing through my whole body, leaving me paralyzed.

He groaned loudly when my hands dipped down to his back. His groan brought me back from the high and I realized what we were going. He was marrying someone tomorrow and here we were, kissing like lovers.

Guilt filled my mind and I pushed him away. Moving out of his hold, I created some distance between us and took a deep breath to calm my racing heart.

"Are you fucking crazy?", I screamed after a pause and he looked at me with regret-filled eyes.

"For God's sake, tomorrow is your wedding and you are making out with me. Are you out of your mind?", I fumed with anger and ran my fingers through my ruffled hair, feeling ashamed of myself.

"I-"

"Stop it. Don't waste your breath if you are gonna say that it was a fucking mistake. Because I'm saying it first, this was a mistake, a grave one.", I glared at his flushed face.

"Listen to me, Hazel."

"Why? Why should I? What do you want to prove? That I'm a cheap, character less girl who will come running to--"

"I love you.", his words penetrated my ears and my jaw dropped.

************************

Finally. But what if it's too late?

The next update will be on Friday.