Chapter 54 - Failed Father

"So, do you mind explaining what happened?" Alec stared down at the young girl with crossed arms.

Mimi, who was currently sitting calmly on the leather sofa with her arms folded neatly in her lap blinks her eyes up dramatically towards her big brother. Her brows twitching with irritation.

Since when did this turn into an interrogation?

Unsure how she got herself in this situation Mimi looked back at what had happened.

After Alec came in on the two with a stunned expression, he suddenly snapped out of it while interrogating her about the incident involving Ms. Cheng.

For the first time, Mimi saw her big brother display a strict and icy expression.

"Does dear Alec mind informing me what you think happened?" Mimi twinkled her eyes innocently.

"Mimi, I'm serious! I'm usually alright with your teasing, but this time you got injured!" Alec said sourly with furrowed brows.

Sighing helplessly, Mimi subtly shifts her eager gaze towards the unemotional man sitting leisurely at his desk, staring intently at the two.

His black eyes meet Mimi's, already guessing from her puppy dogs eyes what she was naturally thinking.

However, unfortunately for Mimi things didn't go as planned.

"I agree with him," The man's deep voice said, his sturdy arms folded in front of him.

Mimi shot the indifferent man a glare as if she were just tragically betrayed by her trustful companion. Puffing out her cheeks, she crosses her arms gloomily.

Alec, on the other hand, who had finally registered Tobias's words, stood stunned in place. He slowly turned his gaze towards the cold man with shining blue eyes.

It was a miracle! Never had Tobias Itou agreed with him or thought to take his side! It genuinely was a blessing...

Wiping away his tears inwardly, Alec breaks out into a smile before looking back towards Mimi.

"For now on don't do anything that'll cost you injuring yourself, alright?" Alec's eyes traced with concern.

Mimi lazily stared at her brother with an indifferent gaze as she regarded his concerned expression. A gentle sigh escaped her rosy lips as she looked back at Alec with a crooked smile.

"Alright, I'll try my best to avoid doing anything that'll get my injured for now on," Mimi giggled with sparkling eyes.

"Promise," Alec said sternly.

Mimi narrowed her dull eyes with a slight pout, however, very quickly her gloomy expression flashed brightly with a broad smile gently spreading across her sensual lips.

"En, I promise!" She grinned cheekily.

Witnessing how she had promptly returned to her teasing expression Alec could merely sigh while gently shaking his head. He could only hope she would faithfully keep her promise and take better care of herself.

Unexpectedly Alec recalls the scene he saw when he initially entered Tobias's. The image of the two's close proximity caused Alec's ears to flush red, his gaze to turn to the icy President Itou.

Tobias, suddenly feeling an aggressive gaze on him shifts his eyes to see Alec's narrowed eyes as if he were trying to search deep within his mind to read his thoughts.

Sighing at his friend's unusual expression, Tobias turns back towards Mimi who sat comfortably on his couch.

"To be safe, ensuring your injuries aren't severe, you can leave work early to attend the hospital for a check-up," He said while standing up from his chair.

Mimi arched her brows up with evident surprise, calmly showing a charming smile across her lovely lips.

"There's no need for that Mr. Itou! After all, they're just minor injuries they're not as serious as needing to attend the hospital." Mimi chuckles.

"No, you're going. I already set an appointment." He spoke steadily while comfortably placing his hands in his pants pockets.

Once his blunt words were spoken, Mimi flashed her brilliant eyes rapidly - even Alec himself stared at Tobias with wide eyes.

Alec couldn't help but stare intently at his longtime friend suspiciously then back towards Mimi.

The two had merely stared into one another's eyes as if they were maintaining a staring contest. Alec in the middle of the two scratched his nose awkwardly before coughing lightly.

"I agree with him Mimi, to make sure they don't scar in the future I'd just want to make sure," Alec spoke mildly.

"Alright, alright I'll go," Mimi sighed hopelessly placing her elegant hands up in defiance.

"En," Tobias nodded his head approvingly. "I'll inform Mr. Sato of your early leave."

Mimi watched as the man reached towards his phone to deliver the direct call. Honestly, this man worried too much over the simplest things.

Guess that's what naturally made him such a successful influential businessman...

"Ah, that's right, I heard about the Honoshino project," Alec frowned. "Did it actually get lost or?

"I lied," Mimi bluntly spoke with a smile. "Surely you didn't think I'd store such an important file in one place?"

Flashing his eyes at her shameless words, Alec's lips slightly part with surprise. However, he wasn't too surprised. After all, he was aware of the girl's teasing and wicked personality.

"But why did you lie?" Alec warily spoke practically afraid to know the answer.

Shrugging her shoulders, Mimi flashes her brother a smile. "I needed an excuse to slap her twice. Who would have thought I'd get injured so severely in the process. Honestly, she got away easy!" Mimi huffed.

"..."

One minute she claims they were minor injuries, the next she says she was severely injured...

How shameless could his little sister get?!

Crying internally, Alec had felt like a father who had failed dearly in teaching his daughter right and wrong.