Part 3 - 9

"Close your eyes, let yourself relax," Skar'ii instructed as she paced the arena.

Creed looked around, feeling a bit weird as he sat crosslegged on the floor of the arena, watching her pace. He obeyed, though, and closed his eyes, taking a few deep breath to relax himself and letting go of whatever tension was still in his muscles.

He heard her steps stop and heard shuffling, imagining that she was probably sitting opposite him. Her voice seemed to confirm that as she continued to speak.

"If possible, I would like to speak to whatever parts of yourself you hide," she said quietly.

Creed hesitated a moment, not sure how well that would go over, but he took a deep breath and waited a moment, searching his mind for that dark corner where he knew the demons would be waiting. He let them take over and relinquished control to them.

Then he opened his eyes.

"You wanted to talk?" a lower, deeper voice asked, cocking his head as he stared at her with black eyes.

Skar'ii looked back cooly and nodded. "Yes. I did."

He looked around, seeming disinterested and slightly bored. "Why? There's nothing here to kill," he spat.

"Because I've heard much about you, but never met you. There is nothing here to kill, I simply wanted to talk."

Narrowing his eyes some, he looked up at her with a scowl. "Fine. What about?"

"Do you have a name?"

"No."

"Then what do you call yourself?"

"Creed, or the demon," he answered lowly.

"I see," she said. Then paused and waited a moment before walking back. "I'm done here, go back to your corner of the mind," she ordered sharply.

Creed snarled at her, but after a moment the black faded from his eyes and he blinked, rubbing his head, looking back up at her. "What happened? You're not hurt are you?" he asked.

"Nothing happened, we simply spoke. He revealed little, though it seems there's little to reveal. He is obviously simply a more bloodthirsty half," she said.

Creed looked up at her slowly and frowned. "Trust me, they're much more than that," he said quietly. "But it's alright if they didn't talk much. I wouldn't want them to scare you all away from me," he admitted.

Skar'ii shrugged. "We are not easily frightened. Regardless, you appear to have good control until you are fighting. Even then, you exert control, but too much of it. You must learn how to fully reign in these demons so that you can access and harness their power, without being overcome by their desires."

Creed nodded. "So how do I do that?" he asked.

Skar'ii stepped back from him and reached to her belt, narrowing her eyes. "I'm going to try to kill you."

Waking up, Creed sat up slowly and stretched his aching body. He groaned softly, remembering the fight from the day before. He was glad he'd learned the lesson, but still a bit shaken. He'd never quite worked in sync with his demons before, and honestly, he'd been afraid that he would kill Skar'ii if he tried to work in sync with them.

Thankfully, she was a good fighter, and he was mentally strong. It was still a strange feeling, but he felt better now that he knew he didn't have to fear them as much. Yes, they had their bloodthirsty tendencies, and yes they were powerful, but he was more powerful. He was in control.

He got up and pulled on his usual attire before hearing a knock on the door, limping to the door he opened it before pulling his book on the rest of the way. Skar'ii entered quietly.