chapter 7

Aura POV

As soon as I reached my room I curled myself on my bed hiding under the large pink comforter. It was almost twenty four hours, I stopped weeping when I heard a voice.

It was my dad! Without thinking twice I quickly opened the door and ran downstairs .He was sitting on the couch talking with my mom who was standing beside him.

"Dad!" I said though it hardly came as a whisper but I'm glad that my dad heard it and turned back to face me. Tears started flooding seeing my dad. I immediately ran to him and wrapped my arms around his neck burying my head in his chest sobbing like child.

"Princess! What happened?
Why are you crying?
Is everything fine?
Are you sick?" He asked and I can clearly see the panic on his face and hear the  fear in his voice.

Seeing him in panic, I controlled my tears and gulped the words back which were threthning  me to say the truth to him.
"Nothing dad!
I'm fine!
I just... missed ....you... so.. much!" I said with hiccups which again came back due to my tears.

"Thank god !
You are fine!
You scared me princess!" He said kissing my forehead lovingly.

"By the way , I missed you more than you missed me!
See, I bought your favorite candies!
Now stop crying and give me that million dollars smile of yours which I missed too much!" He said taking the pack of candies from his laptop bag. I tried to take the candies giving a small sad smile to which he backed his hand with candies raising his eyebrow questioningly for my sad smile .
I widened my smile and he handed me the candies back saying "that's my princess!"

A week passed off as I bunked my classes. I was not that kind of girl who bunks her college but I no longer has the strength to face the people in the university . I'm thankful to Eric that she gave me her notes and submitted my assignments.

From that night, I can't sleep at night, if I did the emerald green coloured eyes of that stranger haunted me. According to psychology, if a person appears in your dreams everyday, then it means that the person wants to see you!

It was one am, I was fully awake staring at my room ceiling and my mind was wandering! It tends to think about something that happened a week ago.
My mind was like hurricane!
My mind was a wreck!
It's six pm but still my mind continues to wander in search of a person who left me in my own state of sorrowness.

To distract my thoughts and to keep my idiotic brain busy, I took the novel, The fault in our stars and started reading it again. I smiled when Augustus smiled , blushed when Augustus proposed and cried when he died! I'm thankfull to John green that he wrote such an amazing book.

I heard a knock on my door and I very well know that it was Eric as she came to me every day but I used to send her back saying I wanted to be alone. But not today, I got from the chair and as soon as I unlocked the door she stomped in to my room and gasped in horror looking at me .
"Aura!
What have you done with yourself?
Look at you, you look like a skeleton!"  She said pointing at my reflection in the mirror.

There was a lean girl whose cheeks bones are clearly visible ,clavicles popped out with dry, pale skin covering her bones, her eyes swollen, deep ,dark burying themselves under her large dark circles,  her hair worst than a birds nest , her nose red, her lips dried and when she gulped her throat the dryness in her throat was clearly visible . I know it was me and frankly speaking my own reflection scarred me.

"When thinking about life just remember Aura that,
No amount of guilt and sadness can solve the things of your past and no amount of anxiety can change your future!
You should get out of that Aura!
How many days will you lock yourself  in this room ?
Until you are dead?
What's the matter for living these many years if you have finally decided to give up on yourself !?
That's not the Aura I know and I love , and this Aura standing in front of me scares me with her tears and fears!
And you know how much I hate to get scared, so pull yourself up because I'm not going to live you alone today! " She said holding my shoulders and shaking me.