Chapter 188: Stubborn Immortal Women

"...you said she was coming over here."

     "Normally around this time, she should be...she's not the type to forget either and just go to sleep. We agreed to meet tonight."

     "Don't tell me the duke did something stupid...has he been acting strange recently?"

     "Besides the fact that his illegal stock in slaves is crashing recently, which is causing him major headaches, nothing much. I can't imagine him taking it out on Lilly."

     "Oh...yeah, I should check on that again..."

     "'That?'"

     "Um...nothing..."

     It'd been eight days, and the deadline I set for the nobles to provide the slaves a method and means of return was long past, and I could only imagine the disaster that was going on there. The excess suffering was not my intention as much as it was giving them one final chance to set things straight.

     Before...

     "I'm going. Thérèse, please watch over the children. I'll bring her over here soon."

     "Please be careful; Lilly knows you're coming, but she's not willing to cooperate. She's afraid for the future."

     "Sounds about right," I floated up, looking in the direction of the duke's bedroom where she was high above our heads. "But, it won't be any harder than getting Grandmother's key, so...it's not like she needs to cooperate for my immediate goal."

     "Firea, take me with you-"

     "Hm? Don't worry, it'll be like, three seconds. I'll bring her down here and knock the duke out so he doesn't come to bug you. Then, in about ten minutes or so, I'll come back and we'll have the trial. How about it?"

     Then, I disappeared. Maybe I should've made it a habit of listening to other people when they responded...

     And...there, I locked eyes with Lady Lilly while floating over the duke and his slaves in bed. She stood in her nightgown in front of a balcony, looking out the window as he did...other stuff. Huh. This is disturbing. Not for the eyes of someone young and obviously innocent like me.

     "Lady Lilly," I snapped my fingers, making the duke pass out. "Hi there, it's Firea."

     She jumped, but I was a bit impatient. Thérèse held me for a full five minutes longer than necessary...though I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it...and I was trying to get the show back on track. It was almost midnight. "Firea-"

     "What's that?!"

     "I'm talking to the lady," I sighed, snapping my fingers again. Forgot about the slaves. They passed out too though. "Now, Lady Lilly, if you'll just calm down and give me a moment - yeah, like that, thank you-"

     And we appeared in the room with Thérèse. Definitely, there was going to be some sort of freakout from her later, but that was Thérèse's to deal with.

     "Tess-!"

     "Just a few moments, Lilly."

     "And where is it..." Lady Lilly wore her nightgown and a red flustered face, disturbed by my appearance. And, well, my appearance as well, looking me up and down. "Ah, there? Well...ironic, I guess."

     Her ring. Just twirling my fingers towards the thing made the silver leap out, and the lady gasp. "What are you-"

     "Alright, see you-"