Prince of Knight Chp47

_____________________________________

*~If my survival caused another to perish, then death would be sweeter and more beloved.~*Khalil Gibran

Glimpse of what happened in the last chapter

In a swift movement, the knight grabbed her waist and Raghad screamed in terror. "Look at me," he whispered her words. "Do not you see the repentance that is tearing at my chest. I beg of you, Raghad, look at me." Faris inched closer, but the bride pushed at his chest in fury.

When he inched closer Raghad pushed at his chest with all the might she could muster and the other second her palm connected with his face. With her chest heaving, she stepped back and glared at him. "Do not touch me. Do not appear before me. I might have considered you as my spouse for a day or so, however, now you are my foe."

Knight of knights peered at her, his jaw clenched and after a while, he parted his lips to whisper. "I, Faris Mubarak al Borkan beg for your mercy. By Allah, if you do not forgive my soul, this knight before you shall perish."

Raghad took another step back. "Then be it. Perish so that it shall be between you and your Lord."

Faris swallowed and stood straight. "Fe Aman Allah." He murmured those words and marched away leaving a distraught Raghad behind in her misery. 

____________________________________________

Faris dressed in the clothes that Shouq had bought for him in Abdullah's house. Once clothed in a black kandoora, Faris came out of a chamber to see his sister sitting there on a Mattress waiting for him. "What are you still doing here?" He demanded with a clenched jaw.

"I am here to apprise you something of great importance."

"Shouq I do not possess time for that. Leave."

"No," she rose to her feet. "You will hearken to me, Faris. You have to listen to what I have to utter."

"My men await me." Faris wore his headdress and grabbed his sword.

"Give your sister a few moments." Shouq pleaded when Faris made his way to the small door. "I beg of you." Knight of knights halted his back to Shouq. "Faris, why did you do this sin?" Shouq watched as he inhaled. "I know you. I know you would never raise your hand on her. I must know the reason behind this." Shouq took a step forward, petrified of him.

"I do not recall much of what happened, sister," Faris growled.

"What do you mean?"

Faris threw his head back to glare at the ceiling and informed her of Marwan's doing and their dispute. "And I, Shouq, I the man who would kill others to protect and shield women, ravished her."