Chapter-25

Kajal selected a knee length A line dress with front buttoned pattern, she completed her look with a thin brown belt around the waist. She checked her appearance opposite to the mirror and then undid the top buttons. 'Is it too provocative?' She asked herself , then smiled . She decided to let it be, even if Tarun or others though it to be provocative. After all, she was on a mission to win her husband back. She giggled to herself and then styled her long thick hair in soft curls, sliding her feet  into nude heels she stepped out and found her husband waiting for her. He looked anxious as he kept checking his watch. ''Shall we leave?'' She asked, her heart hammering against her chest. She waited for him to appreciate her effort, yet she feared about getting no response.

Tarun's eyes moved up slowly from her legs to her slender waist, they paused on her heaving chest and then he locked his gaze with hers. She went nervous , crossing her arms over her chest she asked in a stern voice, ''What are you looking at?''

He smiled, ''would you prefer short or a long answer?''

''In one line.''

He grinned wider, ''Just everything!'' Kajal opened and closed her mouth like a fish. She felt he cheeks heating up, all desire she had to earn some praise from him now flew out of the window. She stood fidgeting at her place, her eyes on the floor. Tarun took a step to her, ''You look beautiful!''

She lifted her eyes up, ''Is this just to make me happy?''

He leaned closer, ''You decide.'' And she decided to drop the topic for now. He too didn't push. He pulled open the door , ''After you!'' She smiled stepping out and he locked the door behind them. Tarun drove her to the part of city famous for the street food.

''I thought you are taking me to some fancy restaurant?'' She looked surprised. He opinion about Tarun's choices had led to the query.

''If you want I will.'' He offered

''No, today all by your choice.''  They parked and then walked into the busy street. He pointed towards a small eatery, ''That used to be my favourite place growing up. I used to come here and eat after college.''

''Can I try?'' She asked. He nodded and took her over to the place and ordered all he had loved for years. ''Its jut soul filing. I love it.'' She exclaimed in delight, and he smiled knowing she liked it.

''Can I ask you something Tarun?'' He nodded gesturing her to go ahead. ''I always thought you loved fancy places, like the one you are friends meet all the time. Then how come ?''

''That's all of us, this is me.'' he kept it brief

''You bought me here so that I know the real Tarun!''

He nodded, ''We never got a chance to show each other our real self. I just want to re-start again. I want to know you and I want you to know me, then we can know better what to do next.'' She listened to attentively and then made a funny sound licking her fingers, ''Sorry, I zoned out.''

He smiled, ''I can understand.''  She had soul content food and the he took her to a place where she couldn't help but exclaim, ''How come I never saw this place?''

''Because you would just roam around the outer circle and never venture in small lanes.'' He replied watching checking out the junk jewellery.  ''The first time I saw you checking these in SHimla, I knew you would like in here.'' 

She froze, ''You noticed!''

''You are difficult to ignore.'' She smiled at his words. She asked her opinion about the few and he gave an honest one. They moved out of the place and she unknowingly wrapped her arms around his excited like a little girl, ''This is the best date ever.''