CHAPTER 21

Roman Vasquez's POV

I have imagined my death a few times in the past. One scenario was in the hands of my enemies, I also hope that I would die in old age but never in my wildest dream that I imagine that my life would end in the own hands of my wife.

I hid my smile. Right now, I was not probably far from my demise. Here I was sitting at the table with the animated expression of Red's family. Their attention was solely focused on us. I tried to sneak a peek at my fumingly mad wife every ounce of her aura speaks of how she wished me dead right this moment.

I cannot blame her for it. For she would rather die than admit to her family that she'd been married to me way before she went home from her trips. And based on Daniel St. Clair's goal he would do anything for us to stay married only Red wasn't aware of it.

"So," the patriarch of the St. Clair clan started, breaking the painful silence to the formal dining area. He leisurely placed the linen napkins in his lap. "Who should start to explain the bomb you two just drop a while ago? I must admit if I have a heart problem my heart nearly couldn't make it with Ruby's secret."

"I don't have a secret, Granddad." My lovely wife scowled openly.

Daniel merely raised an eyebrow, sipping his wine restfully. "So what do you want to call it when you're omitting this information with your family? You must know that I feel hurt knowing you are keeping secrets to us, lassie."

I heard her sighed deeply from my side. Did I mention that we're sitting next to each other and I was already counting the minutes before she would decide to stab me with the knife in her side? "I hate to burst your bubbles about this information but there's no reason to fuss about it since we are divorcing soon."

I heard a collective gasped from her sisters. They remained silent but eagerly listening to the conversation between their grandfather and their wayward sister.

"Why would you do such a stupid thing?" Daniel St. Clair asked innocently. I almost believed him he was once heck of an actor playing games with his granddaughters. He was a cunning man I suddenly feel pity with these ladies having such a master manipulator grandfather. He intended to see them all married before the year ends and I think he might succeed with his quest. And he started his mission with us not that I am complaining.

My wife just rolled her eyes as she leaned back on her chair. "Because it was not a marriage based on love and affection. It was just a marriage of convenience we were both desperate at that time and only marriage would save us from our dilemma. We agreed to separate ways after three months right, Roman?"

For the first time, she looked at me directly. I knew I should feel alarmed when I saw the warning and deathly glare in her green eyes but my lips were twitching with a smile, I desperately tried to stop from slipping or my murderous wife would stab me with that knife.

"Stop harassing your poor husband for heaven's sake, Ruby." Her grandfather saved me from answering her question. "Do you think he would disagree with you when you are threatening her within distance at him? Leave the poor soul alone."

"I am not harassing him, Gran." She replied, but her eyes were still fixed at me. She gave me a big fake smile. "I don't think there is a person alive on this planet that could harass Roman Vasquez as you claim. He's the big guy back in Spain everyone is afraid of him."

"But you are not afraid of me from the moment we met." I hit back with a sweet smile on my face. "I remember clearly that you told me what you thought of me on our first meeting. Do you remember, sweetheart?"

"No."

I placed my hand on my chest and pretend to be hurt. "Ouch."

"I'm curious how you did you guys meet." It was her eldest sister who asked the question. After the food was placed on our plate by the hired help. "I bet it wasn't a conventional encounter where you both felt the spark the moment your eyes locked."