Chapter One [Welcome back]

C A L I

The sound of gunshots rang in my ear as I stood still not moving an inch. I'd just caught my first body and robbed my first liquor store for some quick cash. In one swift motion I put the safety back on and tucked my gun away running out of the store and as far away as I could get before taking the mask from my face.

I bent over and threw up. I couldn't tell if I was throwing up from the sight of blood or if I was throwing up the old me. I glanced behind me as Calvin finally caught up out of breath and punched me playfully.

"Let's get ghost, c'mon" he said tapping me as he picked up running again. I jogged after him feeling like I was about to pass out.

Instead of crying like I was doing on the inside I lit a blunt and sat back in the leather seats listening to some old Jay Z song.

"Did you see the way that nigga fell? It was like a bag of bricks" Calvin said still laughing as he drove and got hype in his seat. He'd been my nigga since grade school but Cal was a wild ass nigga.

"Fuck it" I mumbled popping open a forty and taking a couple huge gulps before leaning out of the window releasing bullets into the air of the empty neighborhood.

I could scream right now that I just killed someone and I can guarantee you nobody would snitch. The Scott's run California and Cal was born into their family while I simply worked for them and made money as a corner boy.

"Drop me off on the corner, I need to walk" I tell Cal and he nodded and came to halt before stopping. I gave him a quick dap and climbed up out the ride walking towards my one story home in the ghetto.

I saw my old brother sitting on the steps reading some book on Africa with a flash light and shook my head at his corny ass. He was too good to live in the ghetto, the nigga had no street smarts and spent most of his time up under my moms.

"He's beating her again" he said not looking up from his book and I shook my head walking into the house. The first thing I saw was my father on top of my mother delivering direct blows to her face and I swallowed the gulp in my throat.

No nigga on this earth scared me as much as my father did. I didn't fear anyone but god and him and sometimes O.G O on a bad day.

I pulled up the pants I had and shoved him off of her as he looked at me with bloodshot eyes. He stood up and I put up my set, the nigga may be bigger than me but I was about to fuck his shit up anyway I could.

He ran at me tackling me into the table glass table and I started swinging crazy as he tried to get me into a head lock. My mother was screaming for us to stop but my adrenaline was to high and I couldn't he'd already made me mad.

I quickly knocked him backwards and jump on him as I delivered kicks to his face as hard as I could. It took for my mom to threaten to call the police for me to stop because I knew her square ass would.

"Whats gotten into you" she yelled pushing me and I looked at this bitch like she was crazy. I got beat up on to stop this nigga from beating her ass and she trying to turn it on me.

"See this the shit I'm talking about! You gotta be one of the dumbest bitches I ever met!" I yelled snatching out of her grip and she looked at me stunned. This is the bullshit I gotta live with every fucking day and the shit is tiring.

It's not cool having nobody to vent to, just because I sell drugs doesn't make me a thug. I'll be the first one to tell you I ain't a fucking thug. I'm just a young nigga from the ghetto with a rough life looking for an escape.

It's crazy because for a moment I forgot I took a life tonight. Me out of all people I did that shit, it's crazy.

I walked into the bedroom I shared with my brother Kevin and turned on the TV going straight to the news and the video of us robbing the liquor store was playing. The news lady thinks it wasn't intentional, like no bitch that shit was very intentional.