40. Epilogue.

A/N: This is long asf. Sorry the epilogue is up a little late, but enjoy reading the last chapter <3

-

MACKENZIE'S POV:

I comfortably laid on the ever-so-familiar queen-sized bed. It was now winter. Despite the cold, I prefer t-shirts over sweaters. So I never wear hoodies. It's stupid, really, but my love for fashion returned around two months ago. I was scrolling through magazines and was mesmerized by the new styles people modeled every day.

I was in a large t-shirt, the huge blanket kindly wrapped around me, giving me a sense of warmth. The only time I feel that in the winter is in Johnny's arms. If you're wondering, yes. We're still together. He's managed to not cheat on me once more, and we've been happy overall.

He hangs out with Lauren more now. If we're going to be honest, I've been the one slacking off the most with the babysitting. I've been so depressed these days, I just simply don't have the energy to chase Lauren around the house for an hour.

Johnny and Annie have resolved whatever issues they had before, and returned to being friends. I've gotten closer with Hayden as well. I realized that having a guy best friend can really help you with your marriage issues. Even better in this scenario, considering Hayden is best friends with Johnny. Johnny tells Hayden everything, and Hayden may or may not drop a few hints while we're talking.

Johnny and I have been taking care of Lauren full-time now. Usually, we'd deliver her to the babysitter. But Lexi has just recently gotten engaged. She wasn't quite interested in men, and found love in a girl. I think her girlfriend's name was Faith...

Annie's babies are now due. She gave birth a few months ago, her and Hayden prepared tremendously beforehand. They had girls; a set of twins. Lauren has gotten quite attracted to the babies, and now considers them her best friends. Lauren is now 4, she's gotten a little taller, but not really that much noticeable in the height difference.

Lauren is currently at Hayden's house. Johnny is too, that's why I'm alone in the house. I decided to sleep in, just to relieve my mind of all the stress that's been on me lately. Its been over a year since Johnny and I got back together, and it still somehow feels like it was yesterday. 

Even worse, the unforgettable memory replays on a loop while I'm sleeping. I only feel safe in Johnny's arms, but he spends around two days a week sleeping over at Hayden's house. The guest bedroom is no longer a guest bedroom, the two Hannie babies sleep there as of now. 

It's always the same cycle. Johnny falls asleep on Hayden's couch. Then I'm forced to go home and leave him there. I always sit back and admire his face when he's sleeping for a few minutes before leaving. (A/N: Haha me). He just looks so relaxed, it really is cute. The only downside of this is that his eyes are closed, covering his green orbs.

I never tell him about this, he really doesn't need to know. Anyway, sleeping next to him is always peaceful. But when he's not there, depression hits me quickly. I spend the whole night grieving over the past, wondering if Johnny would ever hurt me like that again. I'm hoping this will fade eventually, but I'm not really sure at this point.

It's not like Annie and Hayden are my only friends, I actually made a few this past year. I decided to reach out to Carson after all. It took a lot of thinking, but I was curious as to how he was holding up with the whole Brynn situation.

It's been over a year since the park incident, and Brynn still remains undetected. The police have given up on the investigation at this point, she was labeled an unresolved case. I can't even imagine how Carson took the news, it's his wife after all.