XXVI

A/N: I broke the record! This is by far the longest chapter I have ever written. Like ever. Like nearly 10k words!

You asked for drama, so here you go. Enjoy ;)

This birthday party was sick, I couldn't remember the last time I had so much fun. It took me awhile to realize how I really needed this - after everything that had happened with my mom, 'dad' and Penny, I needed the distraction, I needed to let off some steam.

So far everything was going fine - the boys were behaving, no one had done anything to embarrass me, everyone was having a great time. The food was so good; Marion couldn't attend the party because of her hip but she made the best cupcakes I havr ever eaten in my life. The decoration was nicely done, the music was perfect, I really had nothing to complain about. Stella and Noah had really outdone themselves.

Lily had taken it upon herself to show us a good time by pampering us girls. She had literally dragged us to her bedroom and forced us to let her do our hair. She curled mine and did this half up-half down thing which really complemented my bone structure and accentuated my heart shaped face or something like that - her words not mine.

"I still can't believe you didn't come to me when you had your period," Lily suddenly said, slightly raising her voice over the loud music. She had moved over to Sophie and started brushing her dark locks. "I told you you could talk to me about anything."

I stopped admiring myself in the mirror and turned to face her. "Lily, don't take it personal. I just freaked out and my mom happened to be there so I didn't think it through."

"Okay and what's your excuse about not telling us?" Anna demanded. She and Olivia were lying down on Lily's bed on their stomachs with their bare feet swinging in the air.

I looked down at my lap and picked at a scratch on my knee. "I was going to tell you guys eventually."

"Yeah right," Olivia mumbled.

"Oh give her a break," Lauren spoke up from her sitting spot on the floor next to Kylie. She stopped flicking through some magazine and shot them all a pointed look. "She only found out this morning and if she doesn't wanna tell anyone yet, then that's her choice."

My lips curved into a small appreciative smile. That's my best friend.

"Lauren's right," Lily agreed. "Jade knows we'll always be there for her and that's the important thing. Right, babe?"

"Right," I smiled.

"So when are you gonna tell your brothers?" Sophie asked.

"Never."

Kylie chuckled. "You can't keep it a secret forever."

"Yeah but they'll start acting weird and never look at me the same way again," I shuddered at the thought.