17.

"Your father is Sirius Black?"

"I don't-yeah I guess so, b-but I don't know what to do now Cedric, what do I do now?" Alexandrina whispered, her voice faltering as her emotions took control of her, "I'm the daughter of a mass murderer, my mum told me not to contact her again, I have no bloody home apparently, and I'm in danger? What the hell just happened? I was having such a normal day"

"Not to mention Sirius Black escaped Askaban and is on the bloody loose now, so who knows what's going to happen next" She added, throwing her hands up in the air dramatically.

Cedric couldn't understand the confusion Alexandrina was facing, but he knew that her mother had left something out of her letter. What it was, he didn't know. All he did know was that Alexandrina's life wasn't going to end with her having a mass murderer as a father.

"Your mum was a smart lady Alex, she wouldn't have-been with Sirius Black if he was this awful person when she met him" Cedric stood up from where they were seated on a windowsill for the past half hour, and reached his hand out in front of his for Alexandrina to take, "To kill so many people isn't something that clicks overnight, it had to have been manifesting since he was a child"

Alexandrina took his hand with her free one, and got up with him, the two of them already incredibly late for their classes "What are you saying Ced?"

"Something's not right Alex, there's more to Sirius Black than what we see in the newspapers" Cedric's face was scrunched up in a thoughtful expression as he began to ponder the situation. "I think we should talk to Harry"

It was a crazy notion, and he knew it was, but his gut was telling him Harry Potter was the key to everything. And he had reason too, Harry had been center of all the problems roaming around Hogwarts since he was a first year.

"Are you absolutely crazy?" Alexandrina stopped halfway down the steps, and since her hand was latched onto Cedric's, his body jolted to a stop in front of her, "Sirius betrayed Harry's parents Cedric, practically killed them, he's the last person I would talk to about it all"

"Well what about Dumbledore?"

"You read the letter, he helped mum lie to me about Henry, I-I can't trust anyone, not even Dumbledore" Alexandrina whispered the last part, her voice failing her. "Ced, I'm going back to the Common Room, will you tell Darcy and Fleming that I got sick"

When Cedric let go of her hand to protest, she took that single moment to rush past him down the steps before breaking into a sprint towards the Slytherin dungeons.

All the information her mother told her was pounding in her brain, and she could barely focus on surroundings. Her vision turned blurry when she mumbled the password to the Common Room and as she stumbled into the empty room numbly, her body collapsed in front of the glowing fireplace.

And then she lost consciousness.

/

The room was completely barren when she regained her senses, it seemed like no time had passed.